Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Switzerland
Nice app. great work. my daughter will love this as she like to do free drawing.
A full screen would be nice, if not auto full screen, then probably a button at bottom left to switch (like for xterm).

To much to ask for, but if a black and white drawing can be downloaded to this and we can fill colors to it.

Great app btw.

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by manvik60 View Post
Nice app. great work. my daughter will love this as she like to do free drawing.
A full screen would be nice, if not auto full screen, then probably a button at bottom left to switch (like for xterm).
Just want to clarify. The full screen you mean is to hide the title bar , not include the tool bar , right?

To much to ask for, but if a black and white drawing can be downloaded to this and we can fill colors to it.

Great app btw.
Thx!

I would consider this feature request is similar to the request of "set background color" & "set graph lines". When I implement those features , I may add an option to choose background image from the storage. What you need is to load a black & white image to the phone first, then create a sketch that use the image as background.

benlau

But just want to clarify , do you mean to have graph lines like this one?
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hp%3Ft%3D67714
Link gives error 404 every time.

If you look at the background options available in Maepad, by 'graph' paper I mean the blocked / quad squares Maepad has.

Hi all,

I am glad to announce that PenPen Sketchbook 0.2 is released!

Changes:

* Features
- Supported Line antialiasing
- Remembers pen size(brush type) and colour when closed.

* Bug Fix
- The color selector sometimes appears as just a thin column
QColorDialog is replaced by customized color dialog

Antialias comparison:

Old version

New version

The package is now available in extras-testing. Or you may download from the link directly:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in.../penpen/0.2-1/

Enjoy it.

p.s If you like the software and think that it is fullfilled the QA requirements . Please help to vote on package page , so that it could be available on extras. Thanks!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to benlau For This Useful Post:
It's looking good ! Remember settings is very useful....just voted it up.

Thanks

Mmm, it's great. Only one minor hiccup though, switching from the main page to the sketch area resets rotation. You're in portrait and selecting a sketch (or vice versa) returns you to landscape and you have to turn the N900 around all over again.

Fix that and you have my vote for extras admission, though I know rotation implementation in PR1.2 is still sorta buggy. Maybe the Pen Pen sketch area can read the rotation status of the main window when it is launched and set it's own rotation accordingly - or something.

I also vote yes for lines and boxes (and also remembering settings for them for every new sketch). I usually use it as a note taking app, and the lightweight size, speed and simplicity of Pen Pen has already made me ditch Xournal.

With sort options (by date/name or even priority) it would be a killer note taking app, though I'm aware its meant to be a sketch app.

Last edited by eiraku; 2010-06-24 at 09:07.

Originally Posted by eiraku View Post
Mmm, it's great. Only one minor hiccup though, switching from the main page to the sketch area resets rotation. You're in portrait and selecting a sketch (or vice versa) returns you to landscape and you have to turn the N900 around all over again.

Fix that and you have my vote for extras admission, though I know rotation implementation in PR1.2 is still sorta buggy. Maybe the Pen Pen sketch area can read the rotation status of the main window when it is launched and set it's own rotation accordingly - or something.
yes , it is buggy. I have tried to set orientation before the editor launch. It doesn't work. After tried several kind of combination, my phone become strange in orientation detection. The editor is in portrait mode by default while the I hold the phone horizontally! And then I switch back to 0.2-1 release, the problem is still the same. I need to reset the phone in order to restore the behaviour.

It will take more time to study the problem. Hope that I could get solution from Qt community.

Originally Posted by eiraku View Post
I also vote yes for lines and boxes (and also remembering settings for them for every new sketch). I usually use it as a note taking app, and the lightweight size, speed and simplicity of Pen Pen has already made me ditch Xournal.

With sort options (by date/name or even priority) it would be a killer note taking app, though I'm aware its meant to be a sketch app.
ah yes , I also usually use it for note taking

The sort options suggestion is good. What if I make a sort option based on "Creation date"(the one using now) and "Last modified time"?

By the way , any user find that PenPen is a lot less responsive then sketch in drawing?

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by benlau View Post
By the way , any user find that PenPen is a lot less responsive then sketch in drawing?
PenPen draws polygonal lines, while Sketch draws curves. No other noticeable difference (in my humble opinion).

I find no difference in responsiveness

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by benlau View Post

Considering

1) "Play All" button, to flip across your pages at a given speed and animate the sketches

It is interesting, but take longer time to implement in compare with other features. It could make a slide mode like "photos" app , but you could set at given speed. Do anybody else think that it is worth and you would like to play on your N900?
I would love that,it would be awsome! maybe also save it as a .gif orso! so you can play it on the pc! I love to play with that when you have it!

The Following User Says Thank You to jbw89 For This Useful Post: