Active Topics

yeah but some of us are too stupid to script stuff like this ... ( hand raised here ) so thats why we ask. Even us dumb folks like the pretty geeky phones !

The Following User Says Thank You to lastmilefire For This Useful Post:
Hi,
Any News for the N900 version?

The Following User Says Thank You to helloct For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lastmilefire View Post
yeah but some of us are too stupid to script stuff like this ... ( hand raised here ) so thats why we ask. Even us dumb folks like the pretty geeky phones !
sure but then others can help. I could look into at least one of those features. (On the n900 I had some dbus scripts I used to control the music player in a number of ways, including from my PC.)

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Just curious what everyone's load averages/CPU usage is like with this player? I seem to be getting eyebrow raising numbers.

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
biatch0, at my end CPU usage seems normal. 5-8% while playing FLAC, 7-13% while playing mp3 320Kbit/s. Just checked. Actually /user/bin/pulseaudio consumes more CPU, 6-14%.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Germany, Oldenburg
Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post
Just curious what everyone's load averages/CPU usage is like with this player? I seem to be getting eyebrow raising numbers.
What was QuasarMX doing at that time? If it was scanning your music that is perfectly fine. If it was playing an audio file, please specify what type of file, what codec etc.
Can you reproduce the problem?

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Germany, Oldenburg
@lastmilefire, I am adding a car mode, which is what you suggested. But will not use buttons but the 3x3 touch matrix that is already there in the PlayInfo screen.

The problem is I can not use the lockscreen controls because there still is no public API for that. So, for a car mode to actually work we need to stop the device from locking the screen. Power-consumption has to be minimized. I can not switch the OLED display to the low-power mode, so I have to resort to using mostly black and taking care of the screen refresh to prevent burn-in issues on the OLED display, e.g. by blanking the screen every now and then or by changing the content entirely.
I don't want to be blamed for deteriorating your screens.

@lalomartins, support for scripting and D-Bus will come eventually. The old Quasar Media Player had it too.

The Following User Says Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
I think it was just the N9 going nuts. That particular flash didn't seem to agree with the phone. QuasarMX is running perfectly fine now from what I can see.

Current issues I'm facing:

1) Music seems to pause every now and then when using Firefox. Could "possibly" be a site making some noise or other... need to investigate further. (This issue doesn't occur with the default browser)

2) Occasionally, QuasarMX seems to lose track of which track it was playing. Example: Plays track 1-7 fine, and then jumps back to 3-7. Haven't been able to find a pattern for what causes this.

Other than that... awesome player that has become my default!!! Perhaps support for Internet streams in future?

Hi again eviljazz!

I have another tiny bug report :-) I noticed in many albums QMX displays the back cover image instead of the front cover. Not sure why; maybe it's picking the first in alphabetic order and they're named “front” and “back” .jpg? I can try to dig further if you want, but I think a simple fix is to prefer a few hardcoded names such as front.{jpg,png} and "front cover.*".

Also, this is meant as a question and not a feature request, because I know playlist management is one of the things you're working on. However, is there already a way hidden somewhere to load a playlist from a file? Currently I use QMX most of the time, but when I want to use a playlist I have to fall back to the Nokia player, and then I miss all the cool functionality.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
i highly still request a directory mode. lot of my MP3 files do not have tags and therefor are all in one category "unknown"

The Following User Says Thank You to tebsu For This Useful Post:

Tags
music, musicplayer, player, quasar, quasarmx