Notices

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Sheiki View Post
Nope... dont works with others roms o any zip... i try it with others games (mslugx for example) and dont works..

In some post i read something about a "neogeo.drv", its necesary to work?, i put them in the roms folder but dont works... will work If i tried to execute gngeo in xterminal?, but i dont know the command line to put in xterminal..

Other solution i think is reinstall al the aplications, but im not sure with this will works..

Thanks again ade.
It actually does matter what the names of the files in the zip are. See my earlier post in this thread for more info.

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
It actually does matter what the names of the files in the zip are. See my earlier post in this thread for more info.
MiK546 is right about this, it has to confirm to the diversity of names mentioned in the corresponding ".rc" file. My guess was that is was based on a sequence number in the files in combination with a CRC check.

Most zipped roms will we created containing the right filenames though.

Thanks agian for the help guys.

I tried all "MiK546" says, the zipped files agree with then "rc" files, for example in "neodrift.zip" or "mslug.zip",i tried with a lot of roms...

/opt/gngeo/bin/gngeo /home/user/MyDocs/emu-roms/neogeo/<YourMetalSlugX>.zip
I put the command line with many games, and all says problem with the rom. I downloader the mame emulator, in this emulator the roms show, but i have this error

"The selected game is missing one or more requiere ROM or CHD images. Please select a different game". I tried in xgnegeo too and the roms dont show.

Tomorrow i will try with restart all the gngeo aplications.. im crazy guys, i dont know what to do

Thanks agian for the help guys.

I tried all "MiK546" says, the zipped files agree with then "rc" files, for example in "neodrift.zip" or "mslug.zip",i tried with a lot of roms...

I put the command line with many games, and all says problem with the rom. I downloader the mame emulator, in this emulator the roms show, but i have this error

"The selected game is missing one or more requiere ROM or CHD images. Please select a different game". I tried in xgnegeo too and the roms dont show.

Tomorrow i will try with restart all the gngeo aplications.. im crazy guys, i dont know what to do
I am a little bit clueless at this moment. Maybe it's wise to find another source for your neogeo-bios files and put these in place of the current files.

I remembered that in my room i had a old cd with a lot of neo geo roms, i put them in the phone and... the roms shows in neo geo gui!!! , but when i choose anyone (there are about 100roms) the aplitacion freeze, i only can close it..

But, i can load the same roms with xgngeo and i dont have problems, now the problem is in the neogeo-gui.

The question is, ¿why gngeo-gui freeze when i choose a rom?, is the problem is not solved i can play in xgngeo, but your gngeo gui is more useful and better .

Thanks a lot for Manatus, MiK546 and special thanks to Ade for reply many times to me and create this aplitacion

Could you be more specific about what your actions are?
You select a game from the list (by first pressing the on a title in the blue square) and than gneo-gui gets stuck? What about pressing the start button firmly without choosing another game first?

I select any game from the list, touch the start button and i wait.. but the game never starts, i need to close the aplication and them show a messange "this program is not responding".

I select any game from the list, touch the start button and i wait.. but the game never starts, i need to close the aplication and them show a messange "this program is not responding".
Thanks for the clarification.

Could you try from an x-terminal:
Code:
/usr/bin/gngeo-gui.sh
And then try to launch a game. Close gngeo-gui after the attempt and let me know if you got some (error) messages in the x-terminal.

and perhaps the output of:
Code:
ls -l /home/user/.gngeo-gui/

Now works!!!, i unistalled xgngeo and gngeo-gui dont freeze now, maybe there was a incompatibility between the two apps when was installed... is very strange.. or maybe i have some problem on my phone... i dont know

Whatever, thanks for caring ade, now i can enjoy your fantastic aplitacion

Thank you

Now works!!!, i unistalled xgngeo and gngeo-gui dont freeze now, maybe there was a incompatibility between the two apps when was installed... is very strange.. or maybe i have some problem on my phone... i dont know

Whatever, thanks for caring ade, now i can enjoy your fantastic aplitacion

Thank you
Xgngeo has no relationship with GnGeo-Gui.

Although you had some weird problems, it's good to hear things are working properly now.