Active Topics

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Hmm.. wonder if this version will work with my Camera recorded .avi (most of the time converters crap out due to the way it was recorded). So I have to convert it into another format and back. >.<
If it plays in Quicktime, it should be able to convert it.

Maybe, I'll have to download it on my laptop and give it a whirl. It hasn't worked before (and I notice that there's a comment that talks about how it has issue with some camera recorded .avi) so I'll post if it works or not by tomorrow probably.

Edit: Doesn't work (it errors out). This is a Canon A620 recorded .avi

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2008-05-21 at 02:34.

Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Decently fast. Decent quality. But that whole "copy to" after converting is annoying.
The other quirk I got was a "short of space on temporary folder." Since I had over 9GB free on my working HD this is strange... I clicked on continue and the conversion continued and was able to finish successfully.

-- Denis

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Mountain View, CA
Originally Posted by delaroca View Post
The other quirk I got was a "short of space on temporary folder." Since I had over 9GB free on my working HD this is strange... I clicked on continue and the conversion continued and was able to finish successfully.
That's really odd. Is this something you can reproduce consistently? If so, please file a bug about it with the details.

Check out the Nokia Internet Tablet Video Converter: http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/videoconverter

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Orange County, CA, USA
Originally Posted by vbrilon View Post
That's really odd. Is this something you can reproduce consistently? If so, please file a bug about it with the details.
I don't think there is any problem here. When you start the converter, it allocates some temp file with a fixed size. Once it grows over that size it just prompts you to OK it

Nokia Converter is specially designed for Nokia Mobile phone users which allows you to convert various video and audio formats to your Nokia. No matter you are using N95,N91, N73,7610, 7510, 6300,6120,5700,5600,5310, 5300, ect, with Nokia 3GP Converter, you can convert your favourite movies or MV to your Nokia without interruption.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Mountain View, CA
It's worth adding here, that in spite of the name, the "Nokia Converter" software does not come from Nokia, nor is endorsed by anyone from Nokia. I'd suspect the authors of that software may want to consider rethinking the name of it due to trademark issues. But I am not lawyer, so I don't know. What I do know is that Nokia has nothing to do with this software.

Check out the Nokia Internet Tablet Video Converter: http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/videoconverter

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Originally Posted by josiahg777 View Post
Hmmm... I may be in the minority here, but in my opinion Macs have iSquint! Why do we need Nokia's software?
No you are not alone. I get better results with iSquint.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ France
Handbrake is also available for Mac. Allows DVD and files convertion.

Has anything changed with the program? I recently switched from PC to Mac. Since Handbreak is free, I went ahead and used it to rip a copy of my dvd for tablet conversion. The final result was just blank white screen. The output file from handbrake was avi. I've also tried the mp4 but the tablet converter isn't taking it.

Thanks in advance for any input.