Active Topics

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by srf21c View Post
Looks like the application has been "archived" by Nokia and is no longer available for download at http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/videoconverter

Fortunately the download links for both Mac and PC at softpedia.com are still working.

I just downloaded version 0.32 and installed it on my Mac. Let's hope that it will run under Snow Leopard.
Is there really a Mac download there? I went to the softpedia link both on a PC and on a Mac and the downloads offered had .exe extensions only. I'm not much of a Mac user, but I have one where I am now that's faster than the laptop I'm traveling with. I didn't think a .exe file would install a program on a Mac.

What am I doing wrong?

If you click on the blue "download" button that will bring you to another page with two download locations.

Clicking on the "External Mirror 2" link should fetch you a pkg.zip file.

External Mirror 1 has the PC .exe version.

Here's the direct link to the Mac version.

Also, I just discovered that the Video Encoding wiki page has downloads links to both versions.

Last edited by srf21c; 2009-11-21 at 21:22. Reason: Found download links in wiki page

The Following User Says Thank You to srf21c For This Useful Post:
Maybe you still have trouble in converting video file on Mac. I recommend this Emicsoft Video Converter for Mac. Now I use it and is impressive too much.

I find its main functions from its main page:

1. Emicsoft Video Converter for Mac is only designed for Intel processor and PowerPC processor and performs perfectly on Mac OS X v10.4 - 10.6.
2. Supports all popular video, audio and HD video as output so that you can enjoy movies on your iPod, iPhone, PS3, Zune, Xbox, etc.
3. Editing functions:
Effect: adjust video brightness, contrast and saturation by dragging corresponding sliders.
Trim: Reset start point and end point to select the right segment you want.
Crop: Set the playing area for your player or apply zoom mode including Full screen, 16:9 and 4:3.
4. Take snapshot when previewing videos with the built-in preview screen.
5. Join multiple files into large one.
6. Deinterlacing function.

This is a simple guide to teach how to use this converter.

Step 1. Click "Add File" button to import the files you want to convert.
Step 2. There are Effect function (adjust video playing effect including Brightness, Contrast, Saturation and Volume), Trim functions (split file length) and Crop function (reset video aspect ratio).
Step 3. Select output profile for the output video and destination folder to save the output file.

Joboshare iPod Video Converter is powerful and professional iPod Video converter, which can convert almost all popular video files including AVI, DivX, XviD, MPEG, WMV, MOV, RM, RMVB, ASF, VOB, 3GP, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC to iPod MP4. Joboshare iPod Video Converter has a very intuitive interface and provides various powerful features which allow you to convert multiple files at a time, trim your video files to capture your favorite clips, customize video and audio bitrate, adjust resolution, set frame rate and so on.