Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I have received a new Mobidapter from roalan.com ... Neither this stick nor my ones do work with my phones (e90, e51).
I got a mobidapter and I tried it in my N810 and it didn't work with any of my usb thumbdrives but it did work when I plugged in my psp which provides its own power. So it is a power issue. I also tried the mobidapter in my imate smartphone (which I believe has SDIO support) and it did work for some of the thumb drives.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chrisboff For This Useful Post:
i read this thread and see different thing , usb host mode can't be enable due to an hardware limitation and other way that is a software problem.

i have an archos with usb host enable and with extenal HDD i must use an external alimentation +5v , so does anybody has try to plug not an usb thumbs but an extenal HDD or SDcard reader (with external power) on the N900 and check if usb mode is enable ??

or is there a external way ? have a bluetooth-To-Usbhost adapter ?

Last edited by testarc; 2009-12-07 at 12:33.

any update

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by testarc View Post
any update
since 6:20am? no.

non about my question ? :does anybody has try to plug not an usb thumbs but an extenal HDD or SDcard reader (with external power) on the N900 and check if usb mode is enable ??

Lack of usb host mode has been confirmed by at least one nokia employee to be a hardware issue. No amount of software is going to rewire the pins the way they should be
The older tablets did have usb on the go, and with them the only issue was getting enough juice to power the accessory (via powered hub). But now, there is no usb-otg support, so using an additional power supply won't help
Hope that clears it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrGrim For This Useful Post:
oh yes
it's too bad ... i was regarding this feature to buy this N900 due a lot of use of DSLR camera

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by testarc View Post
oh yes
it's too bad ... i was regarding this feature to buy this N900 due a lot of use of DSLR camera
Yeah it sucks. I, for one, am REALLY disappointed that no amount of software tinkering will get this done. Nokia wanted to market the n900 as a mobile computer and not JUST a smartphone? Fail.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twoboxen For This Useful Post:
twoboxen i put this link on other thread :http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...d=1#post414948

I imagine we could use something like this:: http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=184658 in the microsd slot - but would have to use it with the back off - and would have to hack it to extend the "micro-sd"card/plug thing with a flexible cable.

I imagine this would only work for mass-storage devices.

Last edited by phedders; 2009-12-08 at 11:21.

Closed Thread

Tags
awesomeness in the works, boulevard of broken deals, host, i am the dealbreaker, inspector gadget lies, mobidapter is a scam, nokia fanbois, otg, over 9000, usb, usbcontrol