Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Going back to N900 is like going to your ex-wife: filled with excitement and danger at the same time. At the end you realize that going back was irrational nostalgia for times that are gone by. Hope your experience is better.
hahahahahahahah

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I still have my N900. And an S3. And: Browsing the Web on the N900... no thanks.
But the whole Chat/Communication/Adressbook stuff... Hell, i miss the N900. Not only the Hardwarekeyboard, the whole thing seems to be messy at best on android. And Apple? Never, not in my home.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChoMar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
im always on the lookout for something new but so far i come up blank, i tried many phones/devices like my freinds note II, and since i tried so many devices i only used it for 2 minuts and got insanely board...., gotta admit that even thou my N900 is slow (very much) compared to what's newer i cannot get rid of my N900 or use any other device, nothing comes close to offer what the N900 does for me, of course i want more Power, memory and most of all if im honest a x86 system so i can use the normal Ubuntu + wine to play "normal" games and such.

But would settle for a N900 thats is bigger, 2-4core cpu, 1GB+ ram and even ARM, but lately i don't use FM or IR so i could live without it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
im always on the lookout for something new but so far i come up blank, i tried many phones/devices like my freinds note II, and since i tried so many devices i only used it for 2 minuts and got insanely board...., gotta admit that even thou my N900 is slow (very much) compared to what's newer i cannot get rid of my N900 or use any other device, nothing comes close to offer what the N900 does for me, of course i want more Power, memory and most of all if im honest a x86 system so i can use the normal Ubuntu + wine to play "normal" games and such.

But would settle for a N900 thats is bigger, 2-4core cpu, 1GB+ ram and even ARM, but lately i don't use FM or IR so i could live without it.
I think you just said exactly what the rest of the members of this forum are thinking. It sucks big time, that a phone all of us would probably buy in a heartbeat will most likely never be made.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bsd1101 View Post
I think you just said exactly what the rest of the members of this forum are thinking. It sucks big time, that a phone all of us would probably buy in a heartbeat will most likely never be made.
I would put money on it that Jolla are making it. Though it will be expensive and the keyboard option is likely to come later.

Also, any open hardware device could run Sailfish.

Last edited by _David_; 2012-12-26 at 02:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _David_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Going back to N900 is like going to your ex-wife: filled with excitement and danger at the same time. At the end you realize that going back was irrational nostalgia for times that are gone by. Hope your experience is better.
Switching to something newer than the N900 is like getting a new younger girlfriend, filled with excitement and danger..

At the end you may come to realize that you were driven by the irrational nostalgia wanting to relive the first days of exploring the N900 and that on long term you are stuck with something pretty but with little content, draining your life energy.

Luckily the good old N900 is perfectly accepting polygamous relationships.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by bsd1101 View Post
(snip) I just ordered a new one for $200 on ebay.(snip).
I strongly suggest you as soon as possible completely examine your new phone as this is the typical price that the fake new phones are sold out of China and Hong Kong. These fake new phones use a repaired old N900 circuit board with new plastic and new fake Nokia accessories.
If you act quickly on a dud fake you can get most of your money back from paypal, search the forums for ways to spot a counterfeit N900.
My fake new N900 never worked properly was loaded with wonky apps that wouldn't load or reinstall, it bricked and won't go into flash mode anymore after attempting a firmware reflash, I am keeping it for parts.

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
well I like FM (sometimes my car stereo looses FM signal on highways, so I go with FM trx + 3g streaming radio) and IR (using Pierogi when I do not want to stand up to take the TV remote or when I want to joke my friends at restaurant/mall), but maybe I would renounce to them for a better cpu + ram

Originally Posted by biketool View Post
I strongly suggest you as soon as possible completely examine your new phone as this is the typical price that the fake new phones are sold out of China and Hong Kong. These fake new phones use a repaired old N900 circuit board with new plastic and new fake Nokia accessories.
If you act quickly on a dud fake you can get most of your money back from paypal, search the forums for ways to spot a counterfeit N900.
My fake new N900 never worked properly was loaded with wonky apps that wouldn't load or reinstall, it bricked and won't go into flash mode anymore after attempting a firmware reflash, I am keeping it for parts.
F$%^ It's a fake. I don't think I'm buying another N900 though.

Last edited by bsd1101; 2012-12-26 at 17:55.

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
My Primary And Secondary Phone is N900 and im proud to be a user of N900 and Member of maemo.org. thank u all of u to keep this phone alive till now.

The Following User Says Thank You to seanmcken For This Useful Post: