Closed Thread
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Then why are you still here? Wee? Or drugs?

love this article

Last edited by ibrakalifa; 2012-05-01 at 04:01.

Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
I saw this advertisement on TV yesterday:

http://video.nytimes.com/video/2012/...ommercial.html

Interestingly it completely avoids mentioning Windows.
Funny video made me laugh. Your comment however, is just you showing your prejudice. He could have had the HTC One X. What whould he answer? "It's a Java-on-top-of-Linux-phone" or it's a Android? I think not. He would say it's a HTC, or it's a HTC One X, or it's the brand new HTC, or something along those lines.

The OS is completely irrelevant for most people. What's important are specs, apps, design and updates. Sadly the Lumias are spec'ed as last years Androids.

One golden rule is: Never underestimate the power of a killer application.

A good app can turn everything upside down.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
Then why are you still here? Wee? Or drugs?

love this article
Are you happy with your dumb phone

Why are you guys still feeding it? Just stop.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by danramos View Post

The irony of your calling THEM a leader is that they made a decision that was probably based purely on the fact of the matter that Android makes them far more money and is far more flexible for them to work with. More importantly, I'd argue that you would be a poor and stupid business if you persist in making phones that customers aren't buying up and clearly don't want.
Did I say WP was good decision made by Nokia? No I did not! But thing is LG IS a small player and even if Nokia loose alot on WP they not out of the game. Again LG is just a small "follower". Second Nokia would NOT win more by going Android even if you as an American may think soo. Cause as we already knows Nokia was more than America.

Samsung is the only winner in the case of Android because they are the only player that are in the same division as Nokia in case of quality on HW.

LG is just peace of junk. So I should even bother discuss them. I am sure Nokia will sell more WP devices than LG will sell Androids.

So my point was LG strategy is irrelevant and may NOT change anything inside Nokia. LG has never been a competitor to Nokia in highend anyway.

What is more important for Nokia now is how the new lowend Qt sells. In that case LG and similar is MAY be a competitors.

But this has nothing todo with WP cause lowend is Qt. But If they dont get the damn Meltemi/Qt devices announced Q2 2012 (yes NOW) they are doomed on the lowend cause theyre already loose alkot cause of the stupid board

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-05-01 at 11:18.

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I still think that NOKIA will pull it thru. Many are rooting for Windows, including carriers. They do not like one device to dominate so much. The competition is on, and I do believe that NOKIA will do fine.

The Maemo/Meego apologizers here, face it: N9 and N900 are dumb phones. They stutter, lag, dont do things properly, many, many problems. If you owned a robot or a car that had so many bugs, you be filing a complaint with your state or goverment and invoke a lemon law.

Elop did the right thing. Whether it was timely or not, only market will tell. I own NOKIA stock, I own many NOKIA phones. I hope they do well.
dude you dont like N9 and N900, you doesnt even like Maemo and MeeGo. Then what are you doing in this forum ? Do you see any section for Lumia's or WP ? No. Then this means its not a windows phone or Lumia's forum. Its only for Maemo and MeeGo devices.

You doesnt even like N9 but still having 4 of them why ? Sell them and then buy 5 lumia phones or give them to Maemo Community they will use them to develop more apps.

And besides n900 is mobile computer not a phone. N9 and N900 can handle more than 30 apps opened but your lumia cant even handle more than 6 apps. WP will close them if open more than 6 apps. What a shame for WP.

Edit: im using N900 now for more than 6 months and believe me i havent noticed any lag in it. and there are no major bug in it thanks to CSSU. it only needs a better potrait layout.

Last edited by panjgoori; 2012-05-01 at 13:04.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
We are talking NOKIA stock. It depends on LUMIA sales, and dinosaur phone sales, not Meego/Maemo sales (miniscule).

I can own whatever I like for whatever reason I want. That makes me less biased and more informed on where the technology stands now from the user perspective.

If you havent noticed any lag on N900, your point of comparison must be Dinosaur phones NOKIA now only sells in Third World countries

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
lumia cant even handle more than 6 apps. WP will close them if open more than 6 apps. What a shame for WP.
Lumia will close apps if you open more than one (!) app, not six. It will start to discard the screenshots (!) of previously closed apps, if they reach six or so.
That IS a poor excuse for an OS indeed.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
That IS a poor excuse for an OS indeed.
Depends on the measuring stick. Is the total amount of apps available for you less important than the total amount of apps you can load simultaneously? If the answer is yes, then you are dishonest IMO.

Total amount of apps available is the cake. Being able to load several at any given time is the icing.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
Depends on the measuring stick. Is the total amount of apps available for you less important than the total amount of apps you can load simultaneously? If the answer is yes, then you are dishonest IMO.

Total amount of apps available is the cake. Being able to load several at any given time is the icing.

What? how would that be dishonest?

Anyway, you say that as if WP has got a lot of support. The amount of official app support is just as dire on WP, most the apps are unofficial or do not exist. I get by just fine with the amount of apps on Maemo because alternatives exist I even get more full fledged programs because I can install Easy Debian packages. Does not mean I wouldn't like more official apps but the situation isn't any better on WP, they sit and pray with their fingers crossed that the latest greatest app is coming to their platform too and it often doesn't.

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen