Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
I use the headphones which came with my N8 (WH-701). It has inline controls for music, volume and call , and it all works on my N9 from the very first day I bought it.

Also, I hope that they do something with skype to surprise us .
I use the awesome remote/extender that came with my super old Nokia 5800 and all the controls work! Play/pause, next, back, volume, call, stop. Freaking love the remote that came with my 5800.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by MaemoJirka View Post
you're dead
What? S.O.D. released a new ballad and I missed it?

( those unfamiliar with S.O.D.'s ballads see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXCSXeRgB-o )

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I see a massive demand to optimize the software, make it less laggy with smooth transitions. Are you listening NOKIA?

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ That beer and prezels country in Europe -_-
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
IM Plugin Installed (Skype, MSN, ICQ) + 3 Email Adress what check per hour for emails.... 7-9 hours and my Batterie is down!
If you leave all mentioned IM-accounts enabled, that's normal. It's eating up battery by not letting the wireless connections sleep. Don't remember if that's a bug in libpurple.

Heck, even stock Skype isn't that optimized it seems. I remember the N900 had the same problem to a certain extent with pidgin.
If using Skype (stock lib.) + MSN (butterfly) + ICQ (libpurple), it's the worst combination possible, I think

(sorry for the bad English, got a headache -_-)

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I see a massive demand to optimize the software, make it less laggy with smooth transitions. Are you listening NOKIA?
I think they are well aware of these problems. Updates to Windows Phone are expected. It'll take time to fix all the issues, though... Maybe 2013 until you'll get a decent experience.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
... Maybe 2013 until you'll get a decent experience.
On what - N9 or WP?

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
On what - N9 or WP?
I was referring to Lumiaman's valid complaints (aka "massive demand") about the performance of Windows Phone. So: WP, not N9. N9 is cool as it is.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I am not arguing, I just said it has been done before, and that many things leave the testbed not-so-well tested. So it is not impossible that it will happen. Not that I want it. I think the N9 is fast enough.when it's not misbehaving. Even the N900 is ok with 600mhz. It's the lack.of ram that kills it.
fair enough

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Remember Nokia 311 entered FCC around mid april?

Lets say:

* PR1.3 for N9 gets released around end of May

and also:

* Nokia311 announced end of May with Meltemi/Qt that would be epic win

(yes I should stop dream
What are the proposed speculated specs for the Nokia 311? Will there be more Meltemi devices released this year? Wouldn't specs similar to the N9's be considered low-end within the next 6 months? Can I hope for a Meltemi device with a slide-out keyboard ie; N950 with lower quality camera? I apologize for the slew of questions, I believe the future is bright for the possibility of a N900/N950 form factor device getting released to consumers with Meltemi.

Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
Not even Chuck Norris?!?!?!?!
bugs don't need to submitted by chuck Norris, bugs themself report them saying they cant stay on chucks phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert