Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mmeow View Post
Previously, at the Lock Screen, swiping from any direction (top-down, bottom-up, left-right, right-left) will unlock the screen.
In PR1.3, it seems the bottom-up swipe behavior has changed. It no longer unlocks, but pulls up the quick launch bar. I've been forced to change my unlock habit, but it's not too big of a deal.
See Loginin's post above, it's still possible to swipe away from a bottom-up action, you just need to swipe higher.
If you swipe up slightly less, then you will still get the quick launch bar.
I'm not sure if it's really all that different from PR1.2, you never had to hold very long on PR1.2 to get the QL bar.
I don't have a PR1.2 device to compare it with right now...

It also seems you can no longer pull the quick launch bar up in the Home Screen. If I recall correctly, it was possible in PR1.2.
That's never been possible, you always need to have an app in the foreground.

Not sure the case with in-app swiping, haven't tried, only noticed because I've been unable to unlock my screen XD
?

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-20 at 10:39.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
See Loginin's post above, it's still possible to swipe away from a bottom-up action, you just need to swipe higher.
If you swipe up slightly less, then you will still get the quick launch bar.
I'm not sure if it's really all that different from PR1.2, you never had to hold very long on PR1.2 to get the QL bar.
I don't have a PR1.2 device to compare it with right now...
Ahh, okay, that seems to be the case.

I've always unlocked by quick "flicks" rather than a deliberate swipe. Back in PR1.2, not once did I manage to open the quick launch bar via the Lock Screen using the same "flicking" action.

I just tried swiping longer up the screen (past the middle) w/ PR1.3, and was able to unlock. So Nokia likely refined the quick launch bar gesture, probably removed the "hold" part.

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I just noticed that Calender now keeps settings correctly, previously when "Week Starts On" was changed to prefered day, in my case it's Sunday, these changes would be reversed the following day. Seems to work properly now.

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
When making several changes to a system at the same time it's often easy to get an impression of something having changed that actually hasn't changed, especially if there is no changelog available at all. This leads to incorrect information spread around and complaints about bugs that don't really exist, have existed in previous versions or are caused by a different application - not the one that was actually updated. Since stock Harmattan applications are distributed as Debian packages and Debian packages usually contain a changelog, more information about PR1.3 changes is publicly available for those interested.

This page lists the changes between Harmattan PR1.2 and PR1.3 visible from the Debian packages. The package version differences were gathered by listing all installed packages on a vanilla PR1.2 device with dpkg -l, doing the same on a vanilla PR1.3 device and creating a diff between the two. To get more detailed information about the changes each changed package was then downloaded locally on the PR1.3 device with apt-get -d install --reinstall. Each package was extracted using dpkg-deb -x and the relevant changelog portions were gathered using dpkg-parsechangelog -s -l. Even though most packages do include a changelog some of them don't, so some changes are missing. It should also be noted that several binary packages can be built from a single source package, so even though the package version list shows, for example, a number of l10n-pack-* packages, all the packages and their changes originate from a single source package, l10n-harmattan.

Not all changelog entries are useful or informative. Many of them only refer to internal Nokia bug numbers. Most of them describe the bug briefly but without going into any detail. However, this should provide an insight into what kind of changes went into Harmattan PR1.3. They're bug fixes and there are plenty of them. It should also be noted that some of the fixes may be for bugs that did not exist in PR1.2 but were introduced during PR1.3 development.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Vesuri the effort you've put in to create the changelog is amazing...a big Thank You for taking your time out to once and for all solving everyone's queries...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Vesuri the effort you've put in to create the changelog is amazing...a big Thank You for taking your time out to once and for all solving everyone's queries...
Unfortunately some key packages didn't have a changelog at all so the combined changelog is not by any means complete. Also, the bug numbers by themselves are meaningless. I still hope this clarifies things a bit. PR1.3 is all about bug fixes. Some are language or use case specific - some fix annoyances for pretty much everyone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Vesuri View Post
<SNIP>The package version differences were gathered by listing all installed packages on a vanilla PR1.2 device with dpkg -l, doing the same on a vanilla PR1.3 device and creating a diff between the two.<SNIP>
When you say "vanilla PR1.2 and 1.3 N9's"... can you please be a little more specific?
Other than that absolutely awesome, this more-or-less renders the need for this thread redundant.

Thank-you!

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-23 at 19:28. Reason: typo

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
When you say "vanilla PR1.2 and 1.3 N9's"... can you please be a little more specific?
A device flashed with 30.2012.07-1_PR_001 (final PR1.2 release) and a device flashed with 40.2012.21-3_PR_001 (final PR1.3 release) with no additional updates or applications installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by rooster13 View Post
I think this depends on the settings. In settings you can set whether read feed titles are removed or not.
Where? I don't see it.

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Where? I don't see it.
Settings -> Apps -> Feeds -> Visible Articles and select between all or unread only.

I translated from finnish so might read something else.
goViihde, an Elisa Viihde client for N9
Shortcut Stash Home Screen Widget

The Following User Says Thank You to rooster13 For This Useful Post: