Notices

i have firmware 20...i have tried my level hard but couldnt install any dictionary using either mstardict or qstardict....in qstardict when i go to config and then enter the path of the dict file in the plugins tab nothing happens....n i have put the dic.bz2 file in mstar folder...but still nothing shows up in the dictionaries in mstar dict....please guide my that how to install...some says that you have to extract the contents of .bz2 file and then put it in the corresponding folder....i have tried doing that too...but nothng happens still....if there is something to do with the x-terminal then please guide me with the full commands from beginning to end....NOTE that i am trying to install oxford english dictionary trying the apps mstar dict and qstardict. the dict file format is .bz2....i ve rootsh installed already.....help will be obliged....thanx

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
I can see this is youu first post - weclome. In future, if you are asking a question you need to make it obvious in the title. As in 'Help- can't install Oxford dictionary' or similar.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Hi Zain.645, I had to extract (unzip) the file on my PC and upload all 3 files to the MStardict folder in N900. Sorry, I'm not familiar with the x-terminal stuff but the above worked for me. There was a tread on this support, but I could not recall or locate it.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by zain.645 View Post
i have firmware 20...
Really...the rest of us only have 1.3!

The Following User Says Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Here's the link of the thread where you can get more info on MStardict support...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=mstardict