Notices

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Macon, GA | Warsaw, PL | Hanoi, VN
I used to have alarmed installed on my N900 and had some rules set up, including one for silencing the ringtone. Before giving the phone to my brother I had flashed the OS and removed alarmed. Even though Maemo has been flashed, the rule still activates. I tried to install alarmed again to remove the rule. I also flashed the eMMC to completely remove any lingering config file, but it didn't work. The phone still goes into silent profile automatically.

Can someone tell me how to disable the rules set up with alarmed? Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dinho For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
You would have to manually edit /var/cache/alarmd/alarm_queue.ini (as user, not as root).

If you know your way around it, then OK. Otherwise post again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Macon, GA | Warsaw, PL | Hanoi, VN
I can open the file with vi, but have no idea what the parameters do. Will deleting the *.ini file remove all the rules?

The Following User Says Thank You to Dinho For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dinho View Post
I can open the file with vi, but have no idea what the parameters do. Will deleting the *.ini file remove all the rules?
You need to identify the event' cookie in order to remove it.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=557134&postcount=1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
You can delete the ini file.
Rebooting the phone will create a new default ini file.

Nicolai

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
So, actually, this kind of things persist vanilla eMMC flash + regular flash? Shouldn't /var/ things get cleared during full fiasco flashing?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
That was what I had thought, but apparently even after eMMC flashing it still persists.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Dinho View Post
That was what I had thought, but apparently even after eMMC flashing it still persists.
/var is on rootfs, not on eMMC. You say in the first post that you "flashed the OS and removed alarmed". If you flashed the OS you didn't have to remove alarmed (because it doesn't come with the stock firmware), so at this point I'm not sure what you did and what you didn't do.

I would bet that flashing the combined image (aka rootfs) would necessarily replace /var/cache/alarmd/alarm_queue.ini with whatever comes as default (i.e. definitely not including anything alarmed-related, just HAM, modest, etc.)

If anybody happens to read this and be about to reflash his/her N900 it would be nice if this could be confirmed.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:

Tags
alarmed, nokia n900