Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
As I hinted at here, I've been working on a python application to change the settings in mce.ini. Along with the LED patterns, there's some interesting settings in there, that aren't normally accessible. Well, I now have something to show:

All options are changeable, however, the LED strings are currently difficult to set. You have to know how to create the LED pattern string yourself at the moment. In the next version, there will be a little GUI to assist in this setting.

BE CAREFUL! Changing certain settings COULD have negative effects. I haven't played around with everything, just don't mess with things that you don't understand. If you need a little help on what a setting does, simply click the lifesaver icon, then click the label for the setting you're unsure of. This will popup a little help blurb, as shown below:

However, if you do screw up, I've built in a slight safeguard: uninstall the application and mce will be put back to normal. In the next version, I also plan on having a button to do this without having to uninstall. I'll also try to add a couple more safeguards.

Anyway, enough talking. If you want to try out mcedit, it's in extras-devel (linked to deb, so you don't need to enable extras-devel). It only depends on python, so installing it from a local file shouldn't be a problem.

Have fun playing around! Let me know if you run into any problems, or if you know of any settings/setting combinations that could have disastrous effects (I'm already aware that you can set all the power key presses to "disabled", which would make it difficult to turn off the tablet). Oh... and one more thing...

DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility for any destruction you cause when using this application. While nothing should go wrong, it's not my fault if it does. Good luck

Changelog:
0.0.7-1:
  • Now only need to single-click on a section to load it
  • Fixed combo box items, they will now actually load the saved value
  • Added interface to modify n800 LED items
  • Prepared code for adding editor for n810 LED items, but nothing to show for it... yet...
  • Button to restore mce.ini to pre-mcedit state.
Screenshot of n800 LED editing interface:

I tried to make the interface as easy to understand as possible, but the screen setting even confused me a bit. Can anyone clear this up?

Last edited by TrueJournals; 2009-03-26 at 03:11.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to TrueJournals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
ill have a look, sounds interesting.

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
i instal and test it tonite

nice to see someone like the LED option too héhé

here i post last nite some complement info for futur building application woot

http://www.google.com/notebook/publi...TgIgoQ3tW9iP0i
French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

Last edited by LABAUDIO; 2009-03-24 at 21:25.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Does it load the current contents of the mce.ini file? Looks like it is loading the defaults. I have edited mine already, it would be nice if I could see my current edits.

It is loading the current contents of mce.ini.

The Following User Says Thank You to TrueJournals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
If this works, you'll have answered one of my itablet prayers, but allow me to reserve my praise for just a bit longer.

I have power button double press enabled as softpoweroff, but when I load mce editor, it shows as disabled???

Woops! You're right, that's a mistake in my coding. All of the combo boxes were displaying the default value, instead of whatever value you had set. I've just uploaded a new version (0.0.7-1) to extras-devel which fixes this, and makes the following changes:
  • Now you only need to single click on a section in order to load it
  • Editor for n800 LED patterns! Would like feedback on the interface for this
I think that's all I changed... The package should be in extras-devel in about 5-10 minutes. Darn autobuilder being slow!

Karel Jansens: Hope it works for you

The Following User Says Thank You to TrueJournals For This Useful Post:
OK, cool it is now showing the correct options selected.

Note: SoftPowerOff - Power On Policy should be offline or restore, not forceoffline, softoffline, retain.

I don't get any options for mono led (using n800).

Looking good so far though.

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
im having trouble getting it to save changes...

Tags
advanced, mce, settings