Active Topics

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Always when I create New event, even If i use "All day" there is 15 minutes alarm before it happens. That means 23:45 there will be alarm, day before event.

Is there any way to disable this, as it was in older versions? If you clicked "All day" there was no alarm by default.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Poland
Sorry, no help here, but I also have problems with calendar/events after update to PR1.3.

I updated OTA and have Callendar Widget installed. After update some events generate alarm, but other not. I cannot see any pattern here; the only thing is that events repeated every day are more prone to missing alarms, and events with more time between them (once a week, etc.) have more chance to generate alarm. If I come with test case I will fill bug report, but for now it is rather annoying.

Just scroll down and you can easly dissable te alarm yes even the so called bad PR 1.3 llll

I know, but I have many events per day and it takes mi time for nothing...

I've hated the builtin calendar ever since the n900 came out for exactly this behaviour. There is no solution for this AFAIK.

The Following User Says Thank You to borghal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
I enter my calendar stuff in google calendar or in evolution and it all syncs with my n900 using erminig. None of the events added through have the alarm enabled.
I realise it isn't exactly a fix, but if you are able to enter you events your calendar application on your laptop/desktop, that will save you having the alarm go off.

Originally Posted by borghal View Post
I've hated the builtin calendar ever since the n900 came out for exactly this behaviour. There is no solution for this AFAIK.
Are you trying to say that the calendar had this behavior even before the 1.3 update?

Because I:
* just read this thread before updating to 1.3
* checked the behaviour on 1.2
* saw that the calendar *didn't* set an alarm time for "All day" events
* updated to 1.3
* checked that the behaviour has changed and is now as described by mihapodb
* am now seriously wondering why-the-f*ck I updated to 1.3 ...

We *must* find a solution for this! I don't want to wake up every night because if forgot the change the alarm time on one or more of my events!

This kind of behaviour can't be hard-coded, right?

I agree! Please find some solution

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by borghal View Post
This was only for normal events. For allday-events this behavior is
new.

Can someone with the PR1.2 firmware please check which alarm settings
are possible for a allday-event. (I think it was something like,
12:30 one day before.)

regards
Nicolai

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
Can someone with the PR1.2 firmware please check which alarm settings
are possible for a allday-event. (I think it was something like,
12:30 one day before.)
I have PR1.2 and at all-day-events I'm not able to create alarms. I have to mark this alldayevent as a repeating event and then I'm able to create a aleart.

EDIT: Oh, no. Stop! I created a allday event in the past. There was no aleart possible. A all day event in the future I'm able to create a aleart a day before (and the time of day in 5 minute steps) or no aleart.

Last edited by Helmuth; 2010-11-02 at 14:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post: