Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I think jolla is really lame using girls. Especially since they did same last year. Wtf?

Are you syre they are doing it this year?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-02-23 at 16:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
for those not following twitter:

http://www.dw.de/changing-the-mobile-world/av-17450040

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Jolla site updated too:

http://jolla.com/mwc

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
MWC prep:

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2014-02-23 at 21:56.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
NSA had hacked Rovio's servers and gotten accces to some Rovio user data that way.

Nothing to do with coperation though.
Wait what? Do you have a source for this? As far as I know Rovio just sent data unencrypted and NSA tapped that like they tap everything Rovio's website was also hacked some time ago, but that wasn't NSA. So two separate cases here.

Originally Posted by Naranek View Post
Wait what? Do you have a source for this? As far as I know Rovio just sent data unencrypted and NSA tapped that like they tap everything Rovio's website was also hacked some time ago, but that wasn't NSA. So two separate cases here.
This was atleast discussed in swedish media too source is same as the most other NSA scandals...

Originally Posted by gabriel9 View Post
I could buy Nexus 4 and have great hardware, two OS and still save 150€.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Jolla but I have this feeling that I could do better with my money.
You'd end up with a lower quality phone though. Guaranteed it's got worse reception than the Jolla (or N9, or E7). You get what you pay for.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Naranek View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/28/wo...a.html?hp&_r=1

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post

The fight now is between Jolla and Canonical. Question is can any of them convince big players they'r OS is the one to license...

Right now it seems more knows about canonical than Jolla related to MWC atleast. I hope Jolla can change that coming days....
Canonical stands a better chance of getting hardware partners because they don't use Android apps. Jolla's fighting an uphill battle because Android manufacturers don't want to piss off Google.

Originally Posted by maluka View Post
Canonical stands a better chance of getting hardware partners because they don't use Android apps. Jolla's fighting an uphill battle because Android manufacturers don't want to piss off Google.
If they don't want to "piss off google" non of above is an alternative...

Both use libhybris and question is how long will that work until Google gets pissed and start break API:s (or find some way to make sure libhybris can't work anymore?

But if you mean Android apps. LOL! What manufactor would wipe out Android even if they wanted to? As long as the users want those crap applications the compability is needed.

So in the end its marketing that matters and has nothing to do "piss off Google".

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"