Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
try the umount command; and reboot

i think its root, then

umount /media/mmc1

reboot
Thanks but have already tried that. It is not mounted.. if it was it would have complained about it when i tried to format it.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
could be the cover didn't close properly or the magnet behind the stand is lost. If the memory card can be read by the PC then it is nothing wrong with it. Therefore the problem is the N900 and it's back cover.
I have no problem with the back cover. The magnet and kick stand are in perfect condition. (by the looks of it)

Also.. If that was the problem it should not recognize the card at all.. but it does.

I think -110 is timeout, though I'm not sure... not that it helps.. I'd also advise you to try it with a pc and card reader.

Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
I think -110 is timeout, though I'm not sure... not that it helps.. I'd also advise you to try it with a pc and card reader.
Yeah, i think so too.. but why would it time out?

I have found a windows machine now and are trying the format. First it could not recognize it either.. but after some clicking i could start the format. Let's see if that solves it.

Well my first guess would be that it's not genuine sandisk, or that it's an old worn out sandisk that half-died ages ago?

That i can't know for sure.. the package and box looks very genuine though. Is there a way to find out. I have some numbers and a bar-code.

I have tried the format now.. but when it was nearly finished (99%) it failed. Is there any good formating tools for windows? Is Partition Magic 8 still the best?

I have tried both Panasonics SD formatter and HP's.. Panasonics did not even let me click the button "format" (greyed out) and HP started up but said it was write protected. MicroSDHC cards do not have a switch on the card for write protection so i can't undo it.

I am guessing the card is either damaged or a contra fit. I will try to get in contact with the seller to see if we can arrange something.. though i don't have high hopes.

So if standard tools on a PC fail with the card, it's utter garbage.

I am not sure.. i'll be buying another card as soon as i can. Need it for MuhammedAGs Ubuntu image. The seller have agreed to take it back.. so i hope it was just the card that was the problem.