Posts: 45 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Uppsala,Sweden
I also got the Durasec screen protector. I found that the clarity of the screen was reduced quite a lot. Also it was rubbery and made the stylus difficult to use. For finger use I think it was ok. Anyway I removed the protector. And dedicate my left pocket solely for the N900. I hope the front of the screen is just a mylar film that can be exchanged in the case of scratches. I dont count on it though. I know from own experience that that isn't the case on the N810.

The screen on the N900 is plastic and will scratch just as easily as any other resistive screen. I recommend getting a screen protector, and personally, I find invisibleshield or clearcoats (basically the same) to be great! They are easy to apply and they look really good!

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by Kevven View Post
My screen got scratched, and it pisses me off :P So if you love your device, i would recommend it =)

I wonder if i will be able to get a replacement screen/glass for the N900?..
i have two scratches on mine too. very slight. just waiting for my protectors to be delivered

and yes, you can get a replacement....for only $499 you can have a brand new one! ;P

I picked up a PhantomSkinz based on a review-site comparing Zagg/clear protector/PS and am pretty happy with it. It is military-grade so the rubbery feel does distract from both stylus and finger use, but it is a worthy trade-off in my opinion. I got two PS for $6 shipped. Received it the next day as they are based out of Phoenix.

i was really impressed with the clear coat video i saw . i want to take out the little surface scratch i have first though . but how? plz help me

Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
i have two scratches on mine too. very slight. just waiting for my protectors to be delivered

and yes, you can get a replacement....for only $499 you can have a brand new one! ;P
Same here. Two scratches ;P
And yes, that would make a good replacement..

By the way. Now that i think of it. It kinda pisses me off that the "screen protector" that was on the device when we got it, had to be removed. Cause on all my other devices you didnt have to remove the factory protector.. And if it the N900 had this, then i wouldnt have the two scratches i got right now on the device.. :P

Originally Posted by Tsippaduida View Post
I thoght that the slightly soft feeling of the sceen surface comes from the resistive foil. That foil is plastic. It might be hard plastic but it will get scratches. So I have screen protector on mine.
The front surface of the n900 does not feel any softer to me than a screen protector. If the front surface is the resistive foil, why does it go from top to bttom and side to side, far beyond the edges of the display screen?

Despite the reports that it is easily scratched, there are also reports that it is not. The criteria I would use are:
1. Do I scratch up screen protectors so that they need to be replaced?
2. Will I expose the n900 to conditions where scratching a screen protector is likely?

I do not think that the front surface is so fragile that it is valid to categorically claim that a screen protector is required.

Last edited by j.s; 2009-12-14 at 00:41. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to j.s For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
got that Vitikiukikikiki one (not the anti-glare one). Had to order it from Amazon UK, and I believe it ahipped from Germany. Got to Michigan in the US in under a week. This thing is super slick...like it's Teflon coated or something. Not rubbery at all. Very smooth. Cutouts for all important sensors. I'd rather put a scratch in a screen cover which is replaceable, rather than the N900's screen which isn't.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
I wanted a bit more privacy so got this one:

http://www.protectionfilms24.com/art...900-27629.html

It's nice and it fills the bevel nicely. Had no issues looking at the screen with it. Though I do notice a few diagonal lines from it but nothing much that would badly effect visibility.

No you don't have to. I have mine for a while now with no screen
protector and still look brand new. Just be careful with it. If you
tace care of them right, then you should be ok with no SP on.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N900FTW For This Useful Post: