Active Topics

Notices

I've been getting these "connection to media stream lost" errors while trying to stream things like XM or Orb to my N800 OS2008.

I've searched around here and haven't found out how to fix it. With Orb, people are suggesting installing various codecs and I did that.

What's weird is that when I first got my N800, I could stream XM and Orb no problem, but can't now. If I set Orb to stream as an FLV file, it works within the Nokia browser no problem so I don't think it's a problem with the connection. And like I said I used to connect via http://Musicdock.com/mobile and stream but now I get these error messages.

Is there anyway to uninstall the default media player and reinstall it? Or any other suggestions for a fix?

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
I get that same error when I try and open a WMV stream from the browser to the default media player. It buffers and then "connection to media stream lost"

Ive looked around and it seems that if you can associate mplayer with certain MIME types, things may fare (fare) better. There are threads that tell you how to do this...editing certain files for MIME types, but I dont use Linux on my desktop, and frankly I just dont know how to do this from the tablet.

just my 2 cents.