Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I did not found "the others" I mentioned are discouraging - in fact I found them encouraging, at least I have a clearer understand of "how phone works" or "how to build a smartphone" after reading their post.

There are thousands of words begin with "s" and has 6 letters. Could be simple or stinky or whatever you think it is.
What was the 's' word? I'm finding it hard to guess so why not post an image of it. What was the reason to use that word?

The Following User Says Thank You to nirasha_user For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by nirasha_user View Post
What was the 's' word? I'm finding it hard to guess so why not post an image of it. What was the reason to use that word?
'Feculent' would be a synonym for the word used above that would get through the filter, but still be Googlable . . .

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
Sorry for offtop but what about Asha 501 and double tap feature - it use accelerometer for double tap detection. Is there any way to read accelerometer registers from asha so we could use similar settings in n900?
I tried configure accelerometer in n900 but with little success (too sensitive or too little). From asha videos I can see that it works quite good.
If you want double-tap wakeup for N900 I'd imagine you should rather use N9 as a model for it rather than asha.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
If you want double-tap wakeup for N900 I'd imagine you should rather use N9 as a model for it rather than asha.
I think the point was that the N9 has a diferent screen to the N900, one that allows for a double-tap wake up. The N900 does not have that but it can use the Asha model as a backup.

Possible but does it work when the phoine lies flat on the desk? Can any Asha owner confirm?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
N900 accelerometer has tap and double-tap recognition, but it seems that currently no software implements that feature.

[Edit]
Can any N9 owner say if the double-tap works when:
1. double-tapping display with finger (should work, either way);
2. double-tapping display with non-conductive stylus (if yes, then accelerometer; if no, then touch-screen);
3. double-tapping body outside of display (if yes, then accelerometer; if no, then touch-screen);
4. double-touching the display softly (if no, then accelerometer; if yes, then touch-screen).

Alternatively, could you please point to Harmattan's wake-up-on-double-tap package, to see if it is port-able to N900 (in both software-open-source and hardware-applicability senses)?
[/Edit]

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2015-02-26 at 10:48. Reason: N9

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Wikiwide, that was the point. Asha have proper accelerometer configuration which can be probably used in n900.

n9 accelerometer doesn't have double tap feature.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
n9 accelerometer doesn't have double tap feature.
Really? It the double-tap-to-wakeup implemented then using just the touchscreen?

I have no idea whether n9 use only touchscreen for double tap detection or use additional accelerometer.
Only what I found is that n950 according to http://wiki.maemo.org/Nokia_N950 use LIS3LV02DL. I can't find any double tap feature in documentation for this accelerometer.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Can any N9 owner say if the double-tap works when:
1. double-tapping display with finger (should work, either way);
2. double-tapping display with non-conductive stylus (if yes, then accelerometer; if no, then touch-screen);
3. double-tapping body outside of display (if yes, then accelerometer; if no, then touch-screen);
4. double-touching the display softly (if no, then accelerometer; if yes, then touch-screen).
1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. Yes

It's the touch screen.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia asha, opensourcephone