Notices

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Singapore
Sure! I'll contact SoccerDB as well.
MobiTifo (which was formerly known as QSportsEvent) - Sports leagues tracking (mainly football).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magnuslu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ GERMANY
i would love to have a football app

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
1)
So far I only found either expensive (http://www.oddsminer.com/)
or unusable (http://www.footytube.com/openfooty/api_overview.php)
services
What is it that makes footytube unusable? It seems to require the 'IP address that will make use of the service'...
MobiTifo (which was formerly known as QSportsEvent) - Sports leagues tracking (mainly football).

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
yeah a football app would be awesome already asked about one before, espn's app is no good though it is not accurate and doesn't refresh itself.

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by magnuslu View Post
What is it that makes footytube unusable? It seems to require the 'IP address that will make use of the service'...
They only allow access for websites but not other technologies and its free for now while its in Beta Trial, but afterwards?

From the Terms of Use (http://www.footytube.com/openfooty/terms.php):

"(c) We do not intend to charge non-commercial Beta Trial Users for access to OF during the Beta Trial. However, depending on demand and feedback, it may become necessary to offer alternative partnership models. We will provide notice, on the OF Site, prior to such changes taking effect."

"(a) You will:

• Apply for a separate API key for each website through which you wish to access OF and on which you will publish OF Content ("Your Website")...

(b) You will not:
• Create, or facilitate the creation of, additional registration accounts or other technology for the purpose of accessing, or facilitating third party access to, the OF or OF Content without permission..."

The Following User Says Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by magnuslu View Post
Sure! I'll contact SoccerDB as well.
Magnuslu, thankx for contacting SoccerDB and the other data providers!
Also thankx to all other users trying to help out here.
Especially Fraaaaankas idea sounds promising to me!

Keep on Brainstorming guys :-)

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
I think this is a nice idea. I would definitly use this program. The data for just the worldcup shouldn't be hard to get/create. We can make it a community effort. I would be happy to add all the scores of the dutch team.

So maybe start with a full application for the worldcup and make it better after that?

Originally Posted by robbie View Post
I think this is a nice idea. I would definitly use this program. The data for just the worldcup shouldn't be hard to get/create. We can make it a community effort. I would be happy to add all the scores of the dutch team.

So maybe start with a full application for the worldcup and make it better after that?
Robbie, thankx for offering yur support here!
But from my point of view, an app created based on manually gathered data is no good base for a full blown app with online upadte capabilities...However I am no developer...

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
gooooooaaaaaaalllll !!!! want it . this site thinks like i do . no need for useless app just the good stuff

Originally Posted by danx View Post
gooooooaaaaaaalllll !!!! want it . this site thinks like i do . no need for useless app just the good stuff
??? What are you saying?