Active Topics

I've had this phone for almost 1 year and I have to say today I was REALLY amazed with it.

I got my female-to-female usb and I installed hostmode and connected my G7 mouse. First of all, it worked directly without having to do anything.
Next, I had installed MouseCursor so I ran the app and now I have a fully functional mouse for my N900.

I then connected my N900 to my TV, locked the screen and I was still able to use the mouse on my TV!! This is amazing, I can now sit back and use my mouse to control my N900.

I'm trying to see if I can connect multiple devices using hostmode (wireless mouse+keyboard) and it will be perfect.

I have to say I always loved this phone for everything and I never understood why people keep writing hate posts.

I also wanted to thank all maemo developers especially MohammadAG whose tweaks have really improved my N900 experience

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bachagabriel For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It's not a phone. It's a mobile computer with phone capabilities

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by bachagabriel View Post
I've had this phone for almost 1 year and I have to say today I was REALLY amazed with it.

I have to say I always loved this phone for everything and I never understood why people keep writing hate posts.
Yes, the N900 is an amazing device.
I got brave enough and installed Nitdroid 0.0.8 once the auto-installer was available.
Installed with no issues and freaked out my friend iPhone uses when I showed them how I could dual boot between Maemo and Android.

Maemo 5 has most things. It just needs:
1. Better portrait support
2. Voice dialing
3, A few more native 3D accelerated games.

No device is perfect, but the N900 gets close.

I also wanted to thank all maemo developers especially MohammadAG whose tweaks have really improved my N900 experience
Seconded.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maruzko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Dallas, Texas
I agree and still love mine. I don't see why I won't love it a year from now. I bet it will be at least two years before something comes out that will comfortably replace my n900.

@bachagabriel true, thanks for the tip about the mouse. its good to know that no special skills are needed to connect it
and yes, n900 is amazing imo

The Following User Says Thank You to ukaef For This Useful Post:
it took me 6 months to love my n900 after finding out what it can do its not limited and i love it!

The Following User Says Thank You to snuski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
It took me a first look at it's specs and I was in love hence my avatar

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

The Following User Says Thank You to RenaldoTT For This Useful Post:
i too love the n900, on it right now, but ive been craving the c6-01 lately. i am a symbian fan and the hardware is nice on it. wish the n900 was a bit thinner and nitdroid was a bit further in developement.

long live the best modern tablet!

I then connected my N900 to my TV, locked the screen and I was still able to use the mouse on my TV!! This is amazing, I can now sit back and use my mouse to control my N900.
Why would you want to control your N900 with a mouse when you can tab it right on the screen? It's nothing useful to me than just a show-off feature!

Totally agree with OP.
And don't you just love the names for adapters? Female-to-Female, Gender Changer, Male-to-Male... xD

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Why would you want to control your N900 with a mouse when you can tab it right on the screen? It's nothing useful to me than just a show-off feature!
With pointer you can play angry birds on TV-screen without looking at n900's screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to aligatro For This Useful Post: