Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
Check it out! The case I got from Komazsys on Ebay fits perfect, is nice and glossy, and looks incredible. Definitely use them if you want to go over to white.
Please provide a link to the vendor please ...

A++

Originally Posted by colin.stephane View Post
Please provide a link to the vendor please ...

A++
Just search for Komazsys as a seller on Ebay. I purchased a cyan housing off Jim and the customer service was excellent highly recommended. I am considering buying a white also.

How hard is it to do the conversion?

Hi.
Can someone post a link where to buy a good quality of nokia white .I can not find Komazsys on ebay..
Thanks in advance.

I picked up a white housing off this ebay seller:

http://myworld.ebay.com/freetrade21

I bought it to replace the damaged black housing on my n9, after a couple of bad falls onto the road.

The replacement was quite tricky, i stripped a few of the screws trying to remove them, and ended up having to drill them out.

Unfortunately I managed to damage it somehow, though i'm not exactly sure where. The phone boots up ok, but the camera no longer works. It just says "camera not responding".

So, it's doable but not without risks

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Check it out! The case I got from Komazsys on Ebay fits perfect, is nice and glossy, and looks incredible. Definitely use them if you want to go over to white.
Pictures do not do the white N9 justice at all.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Ordered a white housing for my black N9. It looks great and those old black USB-cover and SIM trays fit perfectly to the white case. Replacement wasn't hard at all and I was done with it in 30 minutes.

But with my luck there is a problem with the speaker. The sound is very weak and every time sound is about to be played there is a slight 'pop' in the speaker. I replaced the speaker unit from the old housing, but it did not help. I suspect the ribbon cable in the middle left is somehow broken in the white one. I have reconnected it several times, but didn't help. I had to go back to the old black housing (which works as it should).

Pity, as the white one truly is a beauty and surprisingly non-slippery.

Last edited by Crabstick; 2012-05-23 at 07:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crabstick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Yeah the first go around is a bit tricky, I lost my front facing camera module but I don't really vid chat so it is not a big deal. Patience is key when swapping out a housing. Just take your time, double and triple check steps. Once you done it once, it becomes rather easy subsequent times you swap.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Pictures do not do the white N9 justice at all.
Definitely they do not, unfortunately I've had a few people ask me if it is the new windows phone :-( but they always are wow'd by it for sure.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Definitely they do not, unfortunately I've had a few people ask me if it is the new windows phone :-( but they always are wow'd by it for sure.
I get the same with my white N9 too...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Tags
dinosaur bones, much ado, unicorn