Does anybody know whatever happened to that radio interview? I may have missed the report or just skipped it among troll comments...

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Does anybody know whatever happened to that radio interview? I may have missed the report or just skipped it among troll comments...
Mikkosssss reported it here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1208

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
When can we expect Jolla to ship? Certainly they can't wait for Santa?

If tizen beat Jolla to the market they will lose some low hanging fruits.

I want my queue number asap.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-10-05 at 15:35.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Tizen's been on-track to beat Jolla for ages, if they don't it's a pretty massive fail on their part.
But they don't care, they can execute poorly time-after-time if they want, Jolla has less wiggle room.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Tizen's been on-track to beat Jolla for ages, if they don't it's a pretty massive fail on their part.
But they don't care, they can execute poorly time-after-time if they want, Jolla has less wiggle room.
Tizen might be on track. You don't know their release plan or purppus of the os. But l think some sort of release is imminent(like jolla) One indication is the tizen store.

But yeah they can cancel the whole thing.buy Jolla and cancel their phone too and still be successful.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
But yeah they can cancel the whole thing.buy Jolla and cancel their phone too and still be successful.
Sounds familiar.... Nokia comes to mind.

Tizen runs on SGS3 and SGS4 already, but they haven't released anything. Don't know if they have got ACL working like Jolla (?).

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Don't know if they have got ACL working like Jolla (?).
Yeah they're supposedly working with OpenMobile (once a well estb. troll company, but perhaps more legit now) & their "ACL" product.
But I don't know if Samsung/Others are really treating it that seriously, I suspect they're focusing far more on native apps/ecosystem.
That's harder for Jolla to do, so they've treated a dalvik emulation layer/scheme a bit more seriously...

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-10-05 at 17:14.

You mean beat timewise, right? All I've seen from Tizen is that it's a very poor copy of iOS... if anything, the user experience is pretty simple in the lacking way. Or are you aware of any demonstration that is a little bit more compelling than what I've seen?

Not sure what's under the hood OS wise, but then again not sure what the prototypes's specs were, and I really don't trust Samsung telling the truth since they even cheat at benchmarks.

I reckon Apple will get very annoyed at the way the device is unlocked :-)

Aye :-) Not too many times though, but I have to admit that Samsung is good to go elsewhere when it doesn't work for them, in the same way they went for Android when they did.

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
I reckon Apple will get very annoyed at the way the device is unlocked :-)
I thought Tizen had a circle like Android rather than Neonode's slide to unlock.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla