Closed Thread
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Finland
Originally Posted by onion View Post
I've started dabbling a bit with the RSS reader. Nothing to try yet.
Some testing packages available at:
http://ftp.tal.org/pub/maemo/testing/fremantle/

Download and install with dpkg

Mainly: Rotation support, pannable feed list, horizontal panning in feed view.

Some images and details on changes at:
http://onion-garlic.blogspot.com/201...ng-part-1.html
and
http://onion-garlic.blogspot.com/201...ng-part-2.html

Sources are in my git repo at:
http://git.tal.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cg....git;a=summary

I won't be adding much features (yet), mainly fixing it to look like a proper finger friendly application as Nokia did a pretty poor job in doing that.

It's not complete yet and there are bugs.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to onion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
Actually, it says "If you use a theme that has a custom transitions.ini file, it will override the one above, so check in /opt/usr/share/themes/[name of the theme you're using]/transitions.ini, if changing the transitions.ini file in the above path doesn't work. "

I know, I wrote it :-)
You wrote that? Because I remember writing that. Pretty early on in the CSSU releases.

Unless you're talking about another wiki page then the one I'm thinking of, that's just blatant lying for... idk, what? What does having people on the internet think you contributed something you didn't actually contribute bring you? If you are talking about a different CSSU wiki page, or some non-CSSU wiki page, then my apologies. But that looks exactly like how I remember wording it when I wrote it.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Quick question considering the Wiki (Portrait Mode for now, since I'm trying to keep it as clean as possible). How should the fields be filled? In my opinion, the Portrait Mode needs to be more clear, so I'm suggesting this. Some exchanges to be made. For example, how about this.

Status-values would be Fully Usable, Usable, Unusable and rotation-method would be required to be posted. Values for those methods could be Forced, Built-in, Unsupported, Manually Forced (not sure about the last one though). Also, there wouldn't be need to write anything to the Comments if there is nothing to comment. Having terms like Semi-Usable and Forced? won't really help, if you ask me.

I've mentioned using the links earlier (and added them to the Portrait Mode) and I'd request that everyone does check, that the application's name is correct and if you ask me, should be copy-pasted from Package Overview.

Thanks for reading my feedback/rant-hybrid. I'm not trying to take over the Wiki, just trying to contribute to it what I can, for now.

So, how does it sound, are those values alright to everyone? I'm open to suggestions. After all, it is a Wiki, that anyone can edit.

Last edited by rantom; 2011-02-28 at 18:47. Reason: Forgot the main-question, duh.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rantom View Post
Quick question considering the Wiki (Portrait Mode for now, since I'm trying to keep it as clean as possible). How should the fields be filled? In my opinion, the Portrait Mode needs to be more clear, so I'm suggesting this. Some exchanges to be made. For example, how about this.

Status-values would be Fully Usable, Usable, Unusable and rotation-method would be required to be posted. Values for those methods could be Forced, Built-in, Unsupported, Manually Forced (not sure about the last one though). Also, there wouldn't be need to write anything to the Comments if there is nothing to comment. Having terms like Semi-Usable and Forced? won't really help, if you ask me.

I've mentioned using the links earlier (and added them to the Portrait Mode) and I'd request that everyone does check, that the application's name is correct and if you ask me, should be copy-pasted from Package Overview.

Thanks for reading my feedback/rant-hybrid. I'm not trying to take over the Wiki, just trying to contribute to it what I can, for now.

So, how does it sound, are those values alright to everyone? I'm open to suggestions. After all, it is a Wiki, that anyone can edit.
I think "Semi-Usable" definitely belongs there. If I can use 80% of the app's functionality even though some of it is off-screen, it's still usable, but it's not fully usable, and simply saying "usable" is misleading as hell, because that 20% that's not usable might still be important to some people's use-cases of that app, but completely irrelevant to other's use-cases for the same app. While they can both basically fulfill the same function, "semi-usable" is more intuitively understandable as meaning "some stuff is usable, some isn't, but enough is usable that the app isn't completely useless". While "usable" vs. "fully usable", unless you think about it, reads like people trying to say the same thing without standardized terminology at worst, and is a bit more ambiguous at best - at the end of the day, they technically get at the same thing - "usable, but not completely", which I suspect maps more intuitively to semi-usable instead of usable for most people.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Thanks for all the efforts for CSSU...today I installed..it works good..

One problem, I do not know if anyone has reported here..(I have not read all 158 pages) : I am not able to add any new field in "Edit Contact" mode...my contact application crashes. This problem is observed after CSSU upgrade.

Also quick help on how to change virtual keyboard when in portrait mode would be appreciated. I see that default keyboard is rotated and does not look good. I want to have keyboard as shown in portrait mode video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-tHjGoLzs4 look at keyboard at 0.29.

Also my desktop is not changing to portrait mode...I guess I have to read all pages on this thread...

The Following User Says Thank You to yogi900 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yogi900 View Post
Thanks for all the efforts for CSSU...today I installed..it works good..

One problem, I do not know if anyone has reported here..(I have not read all 158 pages) : I am not able to add any new field in "Edit Contact" mode...my contact application crashes. This problem is observed after CSSU upgrade.

Also quick help on how to change virtual keyboard when in portrait mode would be appreciated. I see that default keyboard is rotated and does not look good. I want to have keyboard as shown in portrait mode video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-tHjGoLzs4 look at keyboard at 0.29.

Also my desktop is not changing to portrait mode...I guess I have to read all pages on this thread...
Ok easy answers first. The keyboard you see at 0.29 is the FastSMSEvo package and can be installed from the dev repo I believe.

Secondly I tried to replicate the issue with adding a field and DID have the problem - it only happens when in portrait.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yogi900 View Post
Desktop doesn't auto-rotate yet. You can force is to rotate by pressing ctrl+shift+fn+L (widgets don't rearrange, I believe), but it'll only last until you change the window to anything else.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Excellent work!One request though, I don`t know if its possible or not.........in the email client, I need a 'mark all/read all' option for my emails.I hate going through all of them when I reflash my device!

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
Excellent work!One request though, I don`t know if its possible or not.........in the email client, I need a 'mark all/read all' option for my emails.I hate going through all of them when I reflash my device!
This might help:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...243#post852243

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I think "Semi-Usable" definitely belongs there. If I can use 80% of the app's functionality even though some of it is off-screen, it's still usable, but it's not fully usable, and simply saying "usable" is misleading as hell, because that 20% that's not usable might still be important to some people's use-cases of that app, but completely irrelevant to other's use-cases for the same app. While they can both basically fulfill the same function, "semi-usable" is more intuitively understandable as meaning "some stuff is usable, some isn't, but enough is usable that the app isn't completely useless". While "usable" vs. "fully usable", unless you think about it, reads like people trying to say the same thing without standardized terminology at worst, and is a bit more ambiguous at best - at the end of the day, they technically get at the same thing - "usable, but not completely", which I suspect maps more intuitively to semi-usable instead of usable for most people.
Or we could have usability rating from 0-5, with 5 being perfectly usable and zero being Unusable (task switcher). Usability is a very subjective matter, but I think this method gives more or less a better understanding of how much of an app is usable.

As for rotation mode, it SHOULD BE required. Maybe we should have a key explaining what supported/forced/etc means?

Originally Posted by rantom View Post
There is no such thing as taking over the wiki.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade