Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
I got my device just over a week ago.
It must have been the last one of the official preorder period as the form was filled in on the last day of the preorder period but it was send a couple of hours after midnight (so the next day).
It was a long wait but man am I glad I got it.

Question 1:
Is there any chance to flash my device to sailfish using a laptop running windows10?

Question 2:
Does anybody know why the device won't stay OFF when it's connected to a charger?

Last edited by n900user259; 2020-08-21 at 21:44.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by n900user259 View Post
Question 2:
Does anybody know why the device won't stay OFF when it's connected to a charger?
Charging is controlled by the OS, so it has to boot into something to actually do anything with the power. This is the case with many modern phones as well; if they are off when connected to a charger, they will boot into a minimal battery-charging OS.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by n900user259 View Post
I got my device just over a week ago.
It must have been the last one of the official preorder period as the form was filled in on the last day of the preorder period but it was send a couple of hours after midnight (so the next day).
It was a long wait but man am I glad I got it.

Question 1:
Is there any chance to flash my device to sailfish using a laptop running windows10?

Question 2:
For Q1: As long as you install latest ADB and Fastboot they should just work under Win10 (I am using Win 10 as well)

For Q2: Under fastboot perform:

fastboot oem off-mode-charge "1"

It should enable charging while off.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Thanks Chen!
And also Adrian and all who contributed to make this device possible.
I will try your instruction as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Charging is controlled by the OS, so it has to boot into something to actually do anything with the power. This is the case with many modern phones as well; if they are off when connected to a charger, they will boot into a minimal battery-charging OS.
Yeah, but mine boots the entire OS. Not what I was expecting but fortunately it can be changed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Also you might check if you are in safe "testing" waters since on devel things changed frequently and our testing-user advise might not apply.
To change to testing see here
Hi !
I tried to switch from the devel to the testing branch, and then I rebooted by typing "reboot" in the terminal. But I'm now stuck in a boot loop ...
Any idea of how to debug this without flashing the Pro1 ?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
So flashing to Sailfish was easy enough. The look and feel on this device is amazing.

The charging "anomaly" I noticed where the entire OS is booted is also present running Sailfish.
Executing Chens instruction results in the phone charging with no other indication than the charging led. So that solves my "problem" but I do wonder why no indication is given on screen (like a percentage as shown on the Jolla1).

Last edited by n900user259; 2020-08-28 at 10:32.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to n900user259 For This Useful Post:
As an amateur blacksmith, I discovered an interesting bug with Pro1/SFOS: it cannot take pictures of hot metal.

Steps to reproduce: 1. Heat a piece of steel until it is glowing at least red hot. 2. Point the Pro1's camera at it and press the shutter button, the on-screen button, or the volume button. 3. Observe that no picture is taken. It does take pictures just fine if I point it away from the hot things.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Dumb question, not trying to be rude, but could it just be your fingers moving slightly from the curved edges? I've had a fair amount of pictures not being taken when pressing the shutter button just because I was slightly touching the screen edge, sometimes it was not clear but I suspect there was some static electricity or something. Pulling the keyboard to hold the phone usually worked.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2020-08-31 at 00:14.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
That was my first thought, which was why I tried with my hands in different places (hence testing the buttons on the side as well as the touchscreen one). I also verified that I could take a picture without moving my hands if I pointed elsewhere.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Very curious effect!
Have you tried other mobiles/cameras in the same situation, is this thing just related to the fxpro or could it be other cameras are also affected?
Could it be something with strong IR radiation of a certain wawelwngth that messes up the camera or maybe causes it to not obtain focus lock?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
fxtec pro1, sailfish os