Notices

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe View Post

I know this sounds dumb, but try clicking the Disable Injection button twice. I'm working on this problem for the next release.
This worked, thank you.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
hey all,

Now that we are over 100 posts on this and have sorted many questions can some one please but in numbered bullet points the steps to take to install including all required files.

Im asking this as not eveyone is as techy so this wolud be of big help, when writting the bullets keep in mind questions/issues from this thread.

Id really love this but there are so many rabbit holes now in this post that its easy to get lost if you do not live N900 code and terminology 24 7

cheers

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by colm.smyth View Post
hey all,

Now that we are over 100 posts on this and have sorted many questions can some one please but in numbered bullet points the steps to take to install including all required files.

Im asking this as not eveyone is as techy so this wolud be of big help, when writting the bullets keep in mind questions/issues from this thread.

Id really love this but there are so many rabbit holes now in this post that its easy to get lost if you do not live N900 code and terminology 24 7

cheers
whats wrong with the first post?

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
whats wrong with the first post?
there are lots of problem that people have had installing past the first post with fixes being suggested, first post references other long threads etc.

It would be just good to get consolidated instructions in steps

As i said when a person is not really using x term alot this would just be a big help

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 483 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by colm.smyth View Post
there are lots of problem that people have had installing past the first post with fixes being suggested, first post references other long threads etc.

It would be just good to get consolidated instructions in steps

As i said when a person is not really using x term alot this would just be a big help
There is no point in posting a start to finish list because all of the information is available already. The only complicated part is installing the packet injection drivers so that is why I linked to a very simple-to-understand thread. It contains step-by-step instructions that anyone can follow.

Most of the so called "rabbit holes" seem to be from people who are simply skipping to the bottom of the thread, downloading the tar.gz and expecting it to work without following any of the setup procedure

fAircrack (Aircrack GUI): Point-and-click pwnage for your N900
Now with John the Ripper integration

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FRuMMaGe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi FRuMMaGe,

Nice work. Some comments, you might find them useful.

* On your shell scripts you start with: #!/bin/bash
try to change those into #!/bin/sh otherwise bash is one more dependency for your app.

* One way to remove the rootsh dependency from your code is to add the shell script to the sudoers list.

* for the qt dependencies it should be enough to get the following:
Code:
apt-get install python2.5 python2.5-qt4-gui python2.5-qt4-core python2.5-qt4-maemo5
Good continuation.

PS: if you need help with packaging send me a PM

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Hi FRuMMaGe,

Nice work. Some comments, you might find them useful.

* On your shell scripts you start with: #!/bin/bash
try to change those into #!/bin/sh otherwise bash is one more dependency for your app.

* One way to remove the rootsh dependency from your code is to add the shell script to the sudoers list.

* for the qt dependencies it should be enough to get the following:
Code:
apt-get install python2.5 python2.5-qt4-gui python2.5-qt4-core python2.5-qt4-maemo5
Good continuation.

PS: if you need help with packaging send me a PM
Some packaging help would be awesome thanks. I'm just making some adjustments to it for now, taking into consideration your comments and the comments of others.

I am going to a party tomorrow but I will release a far more stable and fully featured version on saturday so I will pm you then and see what we can do about getting this in the repos.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Thanks so much . Your script was good and looking forward to using your gui but im getting a problem trying to run it, but i think it may be related to when i un-tar it.

What i get when i try and run it:

Code:
/home/user/MyDocs/FAS # sh launch.sh
Maemo applications must be run with the run-standalone.sh script!
QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
Segmentation fault
/home/user/MyDocs/FAS #
but i think the problem might be here:

Code:
/home/user/MyDocs/FAS # tar -xzvf faircrack.tar.gz                    
FAS.py
tar: FAS.py: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
getinfo.sh
tar: getinfo.sh: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
getinterfacestate.sh
tar: getinterfacestate.sh: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
getmacmanaged.sh
tar: getmacmanaged.sh: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
getmacmonitor.sh
tar: getmacmonitor.sh: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
launch.sh
tar: launch.sh: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
load.sh
tar: load.sh: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
Main.py
tar: Main.py: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
readAP.sh
tar: readAP.sh: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
scan.sh
tar: scan.sh: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
unload.sh
tar: unload.sh: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
cap/
cap/WPA/
cap/WEP/
tar: cap/WPA: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
diction/
tar: cap/WEP: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
tar: cap: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
keys/
tar: diction: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
tar: keys: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
/home/user/MyDocs/FAS #
Any help will be massively appreciated. Cheers.

Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
Thanks so much . Your script was good and looking forward to using your gui but im getting a problem trying to run it, but i think it may be related to when i un-tar it.

What i get when i try and run it:

Code:
/home/user/MyDocs/FAS # sh launch.sh
Maemo applications must be run with the run-standalone.sh script!
QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.
Segmentation fault
/home/user/MyDocs/FAS #
but i think the problem might be here:

Code:
/home/user/MyDocs/FAS # tar -xzvf faircrack.tar.gz                    
FAS.py
tar: FAS.py: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
getinfo.sh
tar: getinfo.sh: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
getinterfacestate.sh
tar: getinterfacestate.sh: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
getmacmanaged.sh
tar: getmacmanaged.sh: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
getmacmonitor.sh
tar: getmacmonitor.sh: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
launch.sh
tar: launch.sh: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
load.sh
tar: load.sh: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
Main.py
tar: Main.py: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
readAP.sh
tar: readAP.sh: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
scan.sh
tar: scan.sh: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
unload.sh
tar: unload.sh: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
cap/
cap/WPA/
cap/WEP/
tar: cap/WPA: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
diction/
tar: cap/WEP: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
tar: cap: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
keys/
tar: diction: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
tar: keys: Cannot change ownership to uid 1000, gid 1000: Operation not permitted
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
/home/user/MyDocs/FAS #
Any help will be massively appreciated. Cheers.
I have 2 suggestions.

1. Try running it with the following command:
cd /home/user/MyDocs/FAS/
python Main.py

However, it may have problems running as it relies on scripts to gather information about networks etc.

2. Clear your FAS directory, then plug in your N900 to a computer and manually extract it from there.

The Following User Says Thank You to FRuMMaGe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe View Post
Some packaging help would be awesome thanks. I'm just making some adjustments to it for now, taking into consideration your comments and the comments of others.

I am going to a party tomorrow but I will release a far more stable and fully featured version on saturday so I will pm you then and see what we can do about getting this in the repos.
My moto is: no releases after a party
Have fun..

Some more comments:

In the Main.py change the first line to:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python2.5
then you can get rid off the launch.sh script
and replace the faircrack.desktop file with:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0.0
Name=fAirCrack
Comment=An Aircrack GUI
Terminal=true
Type=application
Exec=/home/user/MyDocs/FAS/Main.py 
Icon=faircrack
X-Icon-path=/usr/share/icons
X-Window-Icon=faircrack 
X-HildonDesk-ShowInToolbar=true
Type=Application
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:

Tags
aircrack, aircrack-ng, epicfacepalm, pen testing, rtfm dude!