Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
You already installed lots of applications, option-2 would erase these applications and all of your settings and all of your data.
While option-1 might just change the sizes of the partitions without losing data or settings, but you may nevertheless try to reset things.
The choice is yours!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kunalapavan View Post
Option-2: Flash the mobile and subsequently change the app memory size by using custom eMMC (EMMC_By.MiDO.FaYad). I have downloaded the custom eMMC file. I am planning to flash and format eMMC according to video posted in wiki.maemo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1zvRjL-2cM).

EMMC_By.MiDO.FaYad.7z = 5 GB opt
(bin file MD5 = d9e7e78e720c09a3a2d5921f4621e71a)

EMMC_By.MiDO.FaYad.8.giga.7z = 8 GB opt
(bin file MD5 = 6c705d258e847472b2d355408018547e)

Both files are trustworthy (without malware).

Last edited by kolos; 2011-11-09 at 19:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kolos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Personally I'm an Option 2 kinda guy.

I'd wipe everything and start again but that's just how I like to do things and it may not be best for you. My reasoning is that although it should be possible to do things on-the-fly, wiping everything and starting again clears out the cräp, and also reduces the chances of home-made modifications clashing somehow with something else (doesn't really matter what, and there are as many ways for a system to go wrong as there are electrons...) and causing issues either immediately or - even worse - further down the line. So it might actually be simpler to do that.

This is my opinion and it's impossible to quantify how right I actually am. I'm not a Unix guru, but I have half a clue what I'm doing and I'm no stranger to a shell.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck - and let us know how it goes. If you get stuck I'm sure we'll do our best to help. If you do come across any issues, make sure to include as much info as possible, including commands entered into shell or command line, and full output.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Thank U so much michaaa62, kolos and shallimus. Today, I flashed my N900 using the option#2 and I was able to do it successfully. Moreover, the app memory has increased to 8GB. Surely, this wouldn't be possible without your guidance. Initially, I was not feeling positive to this by myself but I had faith on you guys. I am very thankful to all for taking time and helping me out.

Hi Guys,
After flashing my n900, I am not able to enable Maemo Extras, Maemo Extra-testing or Maemo Extra-devel. I am not sure what might be reason. However, I am providing the link of the picture which shows the error message it is giving when I try to enable and use them. Please help me in this issue. Thanks in advance!!

http://flickr.com/gp/8864236@N06/6Tj4C7

Last edited by kunalapavan; 2011-11-12 at 19:33. Reason: Forgot to attach the image

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
It's "fremantle", not "freemantle".

The Following User Says Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Madrid
Originally Posted by bbkshine View Post
Guys i need to make my N900 Emmc to 8GB for Apps & 21GB for MyDocs

I read & try to understand abt this but cannot..

Every post i read Is only having this file
Code:
EMMC_By.MiDO.FaYad.8.giga.7z
But no guide or steps to install this

Guys plz help me in this

It is far simple than above comments. You have to flash the .bin file with maemo flasher. Make sure that you make a backup of ALL , because you have to flash mydocs (emmc) and then rootfs(Ifirmware file)

hope this help =)

Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
It's "fremantle", not "freemantle".
Thanks for correcting me.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Nigeria
pls, guys just got my phone flashed cuz of low installation memory. downloaded the mido fayad 8gb partition but kinda confused if using mido to flash will not affected the custom app on the fone, pls rsvp. ND DO I BACKUP MY CUSTOM SETTINGS AND APPS. IM NOT SEEING BACKUP MENU IN REPOS.

Originally Posted by Phelixdegreat View Post
pls, guys just got my phone flashed cuz of low installation memory. downloaded the mido fayad 8gb partition but kinda confused if using mido to flash will not affected the custom app on the fone, pls rsvp. ND DO I BACKUP MY CUSTOM SETTINGS AND APPS. IM NOT SEEING BACKUP MENU IN REPOS.
You can use native backup app to backup all the contacts, messages and settings and save the file in the memory card. While flashing you will lose all the installed apps. Anyways, after flashing you can install them right away..