What custom roms have you tried on Gt-n7000? I am trying to find the best custom rom for my note. Till now, I've tried CM 10.1 nightly, CM 9.1 stable, and the Ultimate jelly bean rom v 5.2.

They are all great! Yet, I've made my mind to stay on a Touch Wiz based kernel for all the note related features it offers and multi window, air view,.... For that I am now on Ultimate jelly bean rom .Did you try out and test any TW based roms and is there any rom you advice me stick to? Stable? Fast? Not overclocked?

My favourite ROM is the PACMAN-based ones (Stunner2, ReVolt. So its a CM-ROM power features with the customizations from AOKP, and the Per App features of Paranoid.

However, I'm sticking to The Ultimate ROM, which is a Custom 4.1.2 TouchWizz based-ROM. It's better than PACMAN for:
- Phone App (I like the combined Contacts feature, and the swipe to Call/SMS)
- Messages App (landscape view splits the Inbox on LHS and the message on RHS)
- SamsungDive! (locate your lost/stolen phone)
- USB-OTG works without tinkering (not always true for AOSP roms)
- Camera works nicely (AOSP kernel has bad implementation/grainy photos)
- MultiWindow

What the PACMAN is better at:
- User Interface (the HOLO theme throughout just looks sharp and smart)
- Power controls (though the TW kernel seems to hold its own for the most part)
- Notifications Bar (though TW isn't that bad)
- Notifications Shade (though TW isn't that bad)
- Theming
- Transitions
- Browser (TW browser sucks, literally)
- Lockscreen (but I use Pattern code, so its equal with TW here)

....as you can see the benefits far out weigh the downfalls, so I'm sticking to TW-ROM (until a MultiWindow port is achieved to AOSP)

I'm flattered

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
I choose TW based custom roms to enjoy the cool (helpful) features of samsung. I may try PACMAN based roms but I need multiwindow, popup note-browser-play, cropping, air-view.... Yet I need a fast, stable, deodexed, NOT overclocked, rooted, safe etc....

So you advice me to stay on Ultimate jelly bean rom? Or is there a TW based rom better than this rom? I mean a rom that you've tested.

They're all building from the same building blocks. I'm not saying The Ultimate is the best out there, I'm saying the alternatives don't have any advantages.

(in short it doesnt matter, I stick to T.U.R. cause theres more activity so if u experience a problem, theres a greater chance someones going to care and help)

#fvckandroid

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Keep these recommendations coming. I have used ROM provided by chronosmachine since December, but sounds like it is time go to Ultimate again.

Bit off-topic, but the other day I was thinking how once so innovative Nokia Mobile Phones seems to be going down. Again, just when it seemed to re-invent itself (N700,N8x0, N900, N9). But I felt so much better when I realized that the last bright moment of Nokia managed to gather this community up and it is living regardless of Nokia. Thank you.

Let's see what happens when we start to get real mobile Linux choices again...maybe even on Note.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Devices

Note is added to the list as well as many other devices. Cool...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 244 | Thanked: 354 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Scotland
Been all over the houses with Note ROMs. Sticking with Jellybeer in phablet mode.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Tried out a new launcher called "Action Launcher Pro" Allows you to swipe to get to your apps. Also you can open up to a widget by swiping up on its corresponding icon. Below are screen shots, (depicting before and after) showing where I swipe the screen to the right to get to apps list. You can then scroll to the app or press the the letter column to get closer alphabetically to app. Not exactly like having a N9 but still nice! (Note to those observant, the before was taken after the after!)
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
How is the speed with the launcher?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
How is the speed with the launcher?
I havn't really noticed any significant change in speed. It also works well in tandem with LMT which can set up a pie launcher to get to favorite apps quickly. In addtion I would recommend GMD which allows you to set up gestures to get around system. For example I've set up GMD such that double tap removes or brings back status bar on top of screen. Also swipe with two fingers to right brings back previous app and so forth. Gesture designs can be customized in many ways. It's fun to tinker with.

Last edited by mscion; 2013-04-07 at 20:09.

Tags
android, galaxy note