Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Still nothing for me here in Texas... maybe tomorrow.
you should clear up rootfs, so you dont waste time when its up

anyone know as to why i can't get the update on my n900 device yet?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by R4VENS View Post
such external chargers wich one from ebay?!?! So many out there ..
The chargers are so simple that I doubt that you can go seriously wrong. someone who knows better is welcome to correct me, but the chargers I've had (just a couple of them) have worked fine for years and looked super-inexpensive to build.

hi my version shows: 2.2009.1-1.203.2

does anyone know if this is vodafone-branded?? i thought the branded ones have a personalised vodafone welcome screen, and some vodafone-related applications - which I DONT have... the phone was unlocked also...

if its vodafone's firmware, i guess i can flash a "normal" firmware...

Originally Posted by Guber99 View Post
no ptovisioning on this new update.......still a teenage and unemployed's toy......
Three things:
1. I have the Nokia n900 sitting on my desk now.
2. I am 23 years of age.
3. I am employed as an engineer, and the salary associated with this enabled condition #1 to occur.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
The chargers are so simple that I doubt that you can go seriously wrong. someone who knows better is welcome to correct me, but the chargers I've had (just a couple of them) have worked fine for years and looked super-inexpensive to build.
they are great, I'm charging my original bat right now. else I had to wait for it to charge before i could update. good to have a full reserve one

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ireland
Ireland: got it, installed, working fine

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Still nothing for me here in Texas... maybe tomorrow.
I have this one one phone too. but running update from terminal install it.... For US updates available since this morning...

See this post for info how to check: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=644

p.s. if "apt-get upgrade" will tell you some thing like 28 packages available for upgrade and will provide list that is mean that you can upgrade. For upgrade you should answer Yes

Originally Posted by bull81 View Post
Ireland: got it, installed, working fine
i guess mine's round the corner

Originally Posted by UNderworld View Post
hi my version shows: 2.2009.1-1.203.2

does anyone know if this is vodafone-branded?? i thought the branded ones have a personalised vodafone welcome screen, and some vodafone-related applications - which I DONT have... the phone was unlocked also...

if its vodafone's firmware, i guess i can flash a "normal" firmware...
205 is the Vodafone specific firmware, 203 is the Nokia UK/unlocked firmware. This has been mentioned several times in the thread, including by myself, no flame but the "Search this thread" tool at the top of the page would have saved you the time to post I think this gets overlooked a lot, as the same questions do come around and around every few pages.

You are still able to flash the global firmware if you so desire.

Last edited by kojacker; 2010-02-17 at 01:04.

Closed Thread

Tags
firmware, my n900 is allergic, no soup for you!, panicky in the uk, pr1.1.1, updates r kewl, whining about whiners, yay - an update