Notices

well all I can is thank you thank you...finally got my su-8w working

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
To me it is working.

I have a question.

What if I need the external keyboard is in a language and keyboard of the N900 in another? How I can do? Is that I change the language on the two keyboards at once.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Earth, Milky-way Galaxy
could some1 guide me how to install this app.... when i try to download from extra-devel its start downloading and while installing process in between a message appears saying u"nable to install" when i try to install dependenses xkbd-data bla bla file it says unsupported file format..... im really sick with this app..............

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
ill be ordering a BT keyboard soon due to this !!!!!

thanks !

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pious_momin View Post
could some1 guide me how to install this app.... when i try to download from extra-devel its start downloading and while installing process in between a message appears saying u"nable to install" when i try to install dependenses xkbd-data bla bla file it says unsupported file format..... im really sick with this app..............
First of all calm down man.

Second:

1. Open Application Manager and make sure you have extras-devel repository enabled. If not click here http://repository.maemo.org/extras/i...mantle.install
2. Select Update
3. Go back to Application Manager main menu and select Download
4. Select System
5. Find extkbd(External Keyboard Support) and install it by clicking on it and following instructions.

Third:
You have been asked several times to provide some useful feedback so I can polish things and you are replying with "xkbd-data bla bla" . If you continue with this attitude I will just ignore your messages in future. Think about simple fact that you are not paying me (or anyone at TMO) for development or support.

And please would you explain me how you can be sick with application you cannot install. And it is your fault that you cannot install it, not mine, trust me.

Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
To me it is working.

I have a question.

What if I need the external keyboard is in a language and keyboard of the N900 in another? How I can do? Is that I change the language on the two keyboards at once.
No, you can have different languages on internal and external keyboard. Just select what you need from UI. The only restriction is that when you switch language on one keyboard, the language on other is also switched (in set of languages it is set up).

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
I ask because I have an external keyboard has no keys charaters in languages like Spanish. The N900 does have those keys Tenma.

When connecting an external keyboard the N900 loses its settings and vice versa.

With the 1.x versions did not. Separately maintained "layout."

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Earth, Milky-way Galaxy
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
First of all calm down man.

Second:

1. Open Application Manager and make sure you have extras-devel repository enabled. If not click here http://repository.maemo.org/extras/i...mantle.install
2. Select Update
3. Go back to Application Manager main menu and select Download
4. Select System
5. Find extkbd(External Keyboard Support) and install it by clicking on it and following instructions.

Third:
You have been asked several times to provide some useful feedback so I can polish things and you are replying with "xkbd-data bla bla" . If you continue with this attitude I will just ignore your messages in future. Think about simple fact that you are not paying me (or anyone at TMO) for development or support.

And please would you explain me how you can be sick with application you cannot install. And it is your fault that you cannot install it, not mine, trust me.
ok dude let me explain you very clearly:

i can see External Keyboard Support - extkbd app in App Manager
when i click on it, it start downloading and while installation process a message pops up saying unable to install (while in between take it 70% install, and when you open settings from main menu you can see extkbd app next to Theme Customizer of Black Plastic theme, then i taught its dependenses might be missing so i downloaded this dep xkb-data-extkbd 1.8-1-2m5 when i try to install manually from app manager its says app format unsuppprted
what shall i do? kindly guide me...
thanks

Ok, try this

in xterm:
sudo gainroot
apt-get update
apt-get install extkbd

copy the output and place it here, so i can check what is wrong

and BTW what happens when you click on External Keyboard in settings

and is there anything in Application Manager logs

what firmware version your N900 is

Last edited by freemangordon; 2010-11-19 at 17:34.

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
Is it safe to remove using app manager? I read somewhere it could make your n900 reboot endlessly...

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard