Notices

this is beautiful =)

but .. one thing .. a suggestion

why dont u make the scroll slower ?

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Just downloaded v1.3.1 and this is definitely the best facebook app available for Maemo (and I've used a few, including Kasvopus and Sociality). I'm using it in Full Screen mode with a font size of 24, the UI of this app is so logical that it is an absolute joy to use.

I've looked hard and can't find too many bugs, but if you're interested in what I've found:
  • If the number of likes for a post is 4 digits or more, the number of likes clashes with the comments graphic (font size 24)
  • Clicking like on a post does not update the number of likes. Clicking refresh comments does not either. Showing likes list does update total likes.
  • Viewing a photo in Portrait mode, then rotating to landscape, does not maximise photo (keeps portrait size)
  • No minimize to dashboard button (not really a bug, can use ctrl-backspace)

Some features that would be nice to implement:
  • Change scrolling speed in News Feed to match scrolling speed in Friends List
  • Option in settings to cache friends profile pix (or an assignable # of days before updating profile pics)
  • Swipe (left/right) gesture for viewing previous/next photo

Thank you for supporting this community, donation has been sent.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
I could add:

1. When viewing a photo the REFRESH button (to see new comments) is not working.

2. The OK button in the CHAT functionality, is a bit HARD to press. I always have to click a few times before it works. Also, the smiley icon and subsequently the smileys displayed, are too small.

3. A feed filtering option would be nice.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Feed filtering option is already there, just go to News Feed and click the 3 horizontal bars icon, and you have your own groups as filters, in addition to some canned ones.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA, USA
I can see check ins, but how do I perform a check in?

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Alabama, US
Is there going to be a stable build of this available anytime soon? I'm not linux saavy and I'd rather wait until there aren't any outside install/download operations to perform.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
its already super stable mate

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by supreuph View Post
Is there going to be a stable build of this available anytime soon? I'm not linux saavy and I'd rather wait until there aren't any outside install/download operations to perform.
Installing or using fMobi does not require any special skills. Try it out and if some problems occur just uninstall it from application manager.

Last edited by shanttu; 2011-08-30 at 21:39. Reason: typo

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Germany
hey, thank you for this great app

but can you please add an option to decide if the app is running in landscape, portrait or automatically? would be great

another thing : do you push this thing on ovi or extras devel?

fmobi keeps saying: no data found. what should i do?

Tags
broken, dead horse, facebook client, freeriders, gimme gimme