Originally Posted by chilango View Post
Maybe it's mistake by typing.
I think you recoment N9QTweak from schturman.

It's far better than N9Tweak
I stand corrected. I am using N9QTweat from schturman. It really very good.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
one of my 64Gb was sold for 70EUR this week (sweden only)
That's about how much I just paid for the 16gb.
Couldn't find any 64gb in Australia on ebay (used, around $150).

):

Originally Posted by natko_maniac View Post
Can you advice me if I should buy N9 now?... I have a N900 and I love it, but it is getting old. What about apps on N9,are there enough apps? sailfish on n9 - can it be used as primary os? nitdroid - is it functional?
You Can! but no application are developing on this...so you can justify u r self before going

I got mine as a thing of destiny last July-August. I HAD to change my phone for an interview so it was either a Samsung S3 mini or a used 64GB N9, which fortunately I could get for about USD 200.

I'm very satisfied. Battery lasts very long. Storage capacity is very good. Camera is good. Also you have all the basic apps you need. No it doesn't have the latest angry birds or whatever games come out... but I don't use it for gaming. And even them emulators and an entire array of games for wasting your time exist. Sometimes you have to work a little bit for normal services (e.g. exchange, Google calendars) to work properly, but they are cool.

Also apparently there is a whole group of tweaks you can apply.

But the most important factor of it all for me is.... it has offline, free maps and navigation!!! An extremely RARE thing nowadays. Only this is worth the price of a GPS.

And last month I bought a Nokia Play 360 NFC Bluetooth speaker because I'm travelling.... it ROCKS!

The best thing of buying things that are not the hype anymore... you can get fully accessorized for low prices.

The Following User Says Thank You to darknessangel For This Useful Post:
I got mine three months back. It is a used one but still in perfect condition.

I've always been fascinated by maemo on the first place. Even though I had no N900 to play with back then, I was constantly following TMO threads and the progresses. I wonder why I felt happy when I read about great achievements by the community even with no real hardware to fiddle with. Always loved the way coders and moders came together to defy limits (literally).

Then there was N9. A sleek sexy piece of a real 'usable' phone. I know the hardware looks quite outdated when compared to the innumerable droids and other 'smart' phones out there. But, it does all the stuff I need it for. And having to dive deep in to the device and do that extra work to make it perform many things is kinda cool in fact.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Croatia
thanks everyone

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2014 @ Poland
Just bought one of the last new, unused, unrefurbrished n9. I'm switching from nokia belle os. I still cant let go of nokia even though its time has passed.

Totally worth it!

The Following User Says Thank You to frtachi For This Useful Post:
just go for it man..

you would just love the tech of the N9.
the swipe, the display, the swiping on it, u'll just spend hours swiping on the screen for nothing..

Like KF Panda would say - "THE AWE INSPIRING AWESOMENESS OF THE AWESOME N9 and MEEGO"

regards

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strategist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi.
I would like to add the following:
.- I hadn't seen any real innovation on mobile devices since 2011. More CPU and more Ghz usually mean higher prices to run the same software. For instance: parallax was something available in the N900 long before it was announced for the iPhone 5 ... four years later.
.- I still can't believe that with so much processing power, Android is not doing multitasking.
.- I don't expect real innovation in the foreseable future, and this means the N9 will get obsolete much more slowly..
.- I might seem paranoid, but I don't trust hardware from companies outside the EU in terms of privacy.
... and this leaves Harmattan, Maemo and SailfishOS as my only alternatives.
For me Maemo is much more friendly, Harmattan is an unfinished product (yesterday I flashed my main phone for 2nd time in 9 months) and the aegis stuff is sort of a PITA. And SFOS is still very expensive for me.
I also don't expect much from other initiatives like FirefoxOS or Ubuntu phone ... or even Tizen, but we'll see what happens in the next years..
Regards.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi.
Here's an article speaking - more clearly - about what I meant in my previous post.

http://viewer.zmags.co.uk/publicatio...9#/639dd269/30

Regards.

Tags
nemo mobile, nokia n9