Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 211 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
Hello,

How is this different with https://openrepos.net/content/nodeve...volume-warning ?

Best Regards,
Mikko

Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Originally Posted by R1v3r View Post
Hello,

How is this different with https://openrepos.net/content/nodeve...volume-warning ?

Best Regards,
Mikko
AFAIK it doesn't work anymore...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Yes, old patch didn't work since months...

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Sorry if anyone has asked before, would it be possible to make a patch making the "unlock to last application used" permanent, or at least extend the duration? Currently, it only works until like 30 sec have passed since the Jolla has gone to sleep, and it was introduced in a Jolla update if I remember correctly. I guess it should just be a value to change somewhere?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
unapply all applied patches which can be unapplied
go to terminal and write following:
Code:
devel-su
pkcon remove ausmt
rm -rf /var/lib/patchmanager
pkcon install lipstick-jolla-home-qt5
pkcon install jolla-settings-system
pkcon install jolla-settings-networking
pkcon install jolla-settings-bluetooth
Then you need to install patchmanager and all patches again rom warehouse. It should work.
Might be worth adding that to the first post, if someone doesn't uninstall a patch like eventsview before updating it's not possible to recover it with only open repos (it fails to unapply and keeps showing as applied, uninstalling whole patch manager/ausmt and reinstalling keeps the last options, so it is still in 'applied' state), this works (maybe settings should be removed on uninstall of patchmanager itself too)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Might be worth adding that to the first post,
I second that.

if someone doesn't uninstall a patch like eventsview before updating it's not possible to recover it with only open repos (it fails to unapply and keeps showing as applied, uninstalling whole patch manager/ausmt and reinstalling keeps the last options, so it is still in 'applied' state), this works (maybe settings should be removed on uninstall of patchmanager itself too)
And even that is not enough.

I ran into similar prob (see some posts above).
And I also did above commands. But that did not solve it completely. One or two patches kept installed and I always found them applied. Please note that it was not settings but really installation status. (possibly those are missing a dependency to ausmt?)

So I found out via
pkcon search patch | grep 'i ' | grep patch
or pkcon search * | grep 'i ' | grep patch
or pkcon list | grep 'i ' | grep patch
or ...
that those two patches (do not remember which, maybe I have a note on my Jolla but not with me) did not get removed. After I did a
pkcon remove *****
and did a re-installation of patch manager and patches everything went well. So maybe add my command also to first post (written by heart, so bear with me if not 100% syntactically correct)..

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2015-05-25 at 18:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@peterleinchen you can clock on applied patch and it will be marked as unapplied if you reinstalled relevant original packages.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
@peterleinchen you can clock on applied patch and it will be marked as unapplied if you reinstalled relevant original packages.
No, clicking on it takes you to patch page (without toggling), you have to toggle by pulldown menu, but this fails and you end up with untoggled still applied patch, maybe there is trick to that but couldn't figure it out and had to dig through this thread to find the commands (maybe separate app then that just tries pkcon remove on all patches and then reinstalls all jolla's relevant bits, patch-cleanup or something)

edit: oh, 'if you reinstalled', probably, for eventsview it already 'unapplied it'

edit2: no wait, I did reinstall eventsview, and after reinstall it would still 'fail' when trying to unapply from the patch page/pulldown menu, it only got unapplied status after reinstalling whole patchmanager (with the rm -rf command from the quoted before post)

Last edited by szopin; 2015-05-25 at 19:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Hmm, yes maybe. I think I tried so but could be that I missed the relevant package/patch.
Nevertheless ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os