Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
What is the current status of the widget? Any idea when might it move into non-devel repository? And based on the weird starting method, does it make useless extra icon in the programs 'more' menu?
Currently it seems there is no way to add a QT app on the desktop through the add widget option.

The way to add a QT widget to your desktop is

1. create a shortcut to the app.
2. click on the app icon on the desktop.

( of course you could always start it from the command line using run_batlevel command )

I'll be working on adding it to status menu as QT starts opening up for api's to do the same.
Id prefer to promote to extras then as even I dont like the way its currently started
but it works alright once on the desktop and reports accurately without consuming much battery , atleast for me.

Last edited by krk969; 2010-01-15 at 00:39.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
Screen shot please?

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
Nice widget. I have an idea on an improvement or more of a mod. A lot of people don't use watches anymore and we simply use our mobiles to tell time. The N900 displays time but not battery level on the lock screen. It would be awesome to have this widget show up on that screen. I know it's a bit off-topic but it's just an idea.

The Following User Says Thank You to nashith For This Useful Post:
It would be really nice if the battery level could be shown in the status area...

Originally Posted by kopte3 View Post
Screen shot please?
i dont know who posts on this website, wasnt me, but here goes ==> LINK

The Following User Says Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
It would be really nice if the battery level could be shown in the status area...
As i said I'll begin working on this as QT provides something to do it.
At the moment it seems there are some convoluted ways to perform the same action, not sure if it works well though, some discussions for this are happening on the mailing lists, nothing concrete yet AFAIK.

currently spending more time on the londonTubeApp to enhance it with more functions, as i always get confused when using tubes in london