Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Any documentation available on the modest email client thats installed on N900 ?

ISSUE:
When there are multiple email notifications I can only see the latest email header in the notification and the count of new msgs.

A way to have stacked notifications or open the new emails so I can browse through with the forward and back arrow must be available IMHO.
Currently clicking on this notification takes me to the Modest client and I have no clue where the new msgs are., Ill have to go through each configured mailbox to check.

When there is only 1 msg, its all fine, when I click the notification it takes me straight to the message, only issue being I cant delete it. Again have to go to the mail client.

Its not a very good implementation for a mail client.
If Ive stated something wrongly please feel free to correct me.

PROPOSING TO DO:

IF ( Im right above and Nokia is not already working on it) :
{
What I would like to develop , again if its not rocket science , are the notifications when multiple emails arrive ( anybody willing to join me in this effort are most welcome )
}
ELSE
{
I'll drop the idea right away and think of something else.
}

any ideas welcome as always.

Aside:
Im wondering if I can make use of the dbus notifications to achieve this whenever a new mail arrive, perhaps show the headers on a desktop scrolling widget . just a quick thought that occured to me.

Last edited by krk969; 2010-01-07 at 17:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post:
Modest is open source, so you can contribute directly to the project. see the links at the end of the slides

Modest Maemo summit 2009 slides at slideshare

http://www.slideshare.net/jdapena/mo...aemo-summit-09

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Modest is open source, so you can contribute directly to the project. see the links at the end of the slides

Modest Maemo summit 2009 slides at slideshare

http://www.slideshare.net/jdapena/mo...aemo-summit-09
sorry if this sounds like spoonfeeding.
Honestly Ive seen those links before though not from the slide you just posted.
But really, isnt it better to read some documentation that says a couple of lines abt the API and a brief of how it could be used rather than looking at the code which isnt even well commented.

*sigh* everytime i look arnd for documentation(be it modest above, maemo api's or even qt hildon stuff ) I find doxygen links with tons of uncommented code containing apis and variables like abbreviations like cb af etc , really is it easy for members(first time to maemo) to get involved just like that ?
there are a few examples i admit, but they are either way too simple or way too complex, maybe just tellling a bit about the api's available and how to use would suffice , which i guess is the norm for any framework.

or maybe im alone here talking gibberish, sorry nothing personal just venting my frustration, I couldnt control , ill be more patient now on , i promise