Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by tibere86 View Post
How do I enable editting the filemanager.list to add # infront of deb?
If you're root (enable devloper mode, then type devel-su in terminal) then you should just be able to vi the file.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Woo! Commented out the offending source repo line and BANG! Now I'm rocking the PR 1.2 finally! Thanks for the tips everyone!

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
If this broken repo is causing so many issues, can anyone reach the author of the filemanager app and ask him/her to close access to the repository, until it's fixed?

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Do you have filemanager app installed, and so a file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/filemanager.list as additional repo?
If so, delete/comment its content, apt-get clean and try again.
Amazing, that was it! It looked from the apt progress as if mine was getting stuck on a Nokia repo but commenting out the filemanager repo did indeed do the trick. Been trying to solve the broken update functionality for quite a while (where is the apt log kept anyway?) so really appreciate the tip! Now off to install PR1.2!

P.S. Someone should slap the repo admin for the filemanager app across the face with a wet fish. Twice. Actually, there's bound to be loads of people out there suffering from the same issue - and it's been going on for at least a week - I think three slaps are in order.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Do you have filemanager app installed, and so a file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/filemanager.list as additional repo?
If so, delete/comment its content, apt-get clean and try again.
i uninstalled filemanager, viola, update arrives.