Active Topics

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
wow!! nearly to 3OOO replies...now thats what i call a hell of achievement (for this thread)...Keep going Guys !!!

I hope the guy who post in #3000 won't say anything stupid...

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to phap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Puerto Rico
Originally Posted by phap View Post
I hope the guy who post in #3000 won't say anything stupid...

Well well. Congratulations to you. .
Now how does it feel for your #3000 post and comment.

Edit: Your post increased your thanks ratio. lol
http://j0hnmcclane.deviantart.com/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John McClane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
A couple of changes from my last post, nothing major though. Here's three of my screens, still a WIP.
Attached Images

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bigears5000 For This Useful Post:
Still playing around .
Desktop wallpapers in progress.
**HseFly**
Attached Images

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HseFly For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bigears5000 View Post
A couple of changes from my last post, nothing major though. Here's three of my screens, still a WIP.
Is that OMweather? If so, I'd love if you'd tell me how to get the icons look like that, would fit awesome with my desktop!

Yeah. It is omweather. All I did, was to pinch the icons I wanted from an android rom/apk, and change the icons in one of the icon packs for omweather. I backed up then changed contour icon theme. You can find omweather icons in opt/maemo/usr/share/omweather/icons

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigears5000 For This Useful Post:
Could you possibly break that down in nooblanguage?

Yeah sorry if I wasn't clear enough. In the application manager, you may have noticed different icon packs for omweather eg. contour, epona etc. Well, all I did was to download one of these icon packs and then access the folder stored on my phone. The location of these weather icons on the phone is /opt/maemo/usr/share/omweather/icons
To acces this folder, you either need to ssh into your phone or use filebox. The actual black and white weather icons I am using, I found by searching on Google. These icons are from an android phone's firmware/rom. You can find loads of roms for android on the net. You need to find a rom with the .apk (android package) file extension. Then you can unzip the rom and find the icons within the rom. So basically what you are doing is replacing the original omweather icons, with any other icons you want to.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigears5000 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bigears5000 View Post
Yeah sorry if I wasn't clear enough. In the application manager, you may have noticed different icon packs for omweather eg. contour, epona etc. Well, all I did was to download one of these icon packs and then access the folder stored on my phone. The location of these weather icons on the phone is /opt/maemo/usr/share/omweather/icons
To acces this folder, you either need to ssh into your phone or use filebox. The actual black and white weather icons I am using, I found by searching on Google. These icons are from an android phone's firmware/rom. You can find loads of roms for android on the net. You need to find a rom with the .apk (android package) file extension. Then you can unzip the rom and find the icons within the rom. So basically what you are doing is replacing the original omweather icons, with any other icons you want to.

Ah ok, now I get it! I'm using contour atm but like your black and white theme more! Thanks mate, will try it out when I get time.

Regards

The Following User Says Thank You to mattiasbäx For This Useful Post:

Tags
desktop, epic thread, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, picture, pictures, screenshot, screenshots, show and tell