Posts: 80 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Serbia
Followed instructions from wiki and everything went quite well.
Ubiboot is fantastic!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saleki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by saleki View Post
Followed instructions from wiki and everything went quite well.
Ubiboot is fantastic!
Nice to hear, and that is a relief to know...it was my first-ever Wiki article. I took inspiration from the problems/mistakes that I committed when I was trying to get Ubiboot installed, so when I learned how to do it, I decided to pay it forward in the form of a Wiki article.

EDIT: by the way, I apologize for the delay in uploading a video tutorial. I actually have one completed, but it is done using Linux. I just recently accomplished the procedure using purely MS Windows, so I am capturing another video tutorial for this (I realized that there are a lot of N9 users who use MS Windows).

Last edited by topet2k12001; 2013-07-16 at 10:34. Reason: Additional Information

hi everyone, i'm new here and i need your help. I would like to install Ubiboot on my nokia n9.Ifollowed all the steps as in this topic http://wiki.maemo.org/Ubiboot everything was ok during the installation untill i tried to install the nemo files.i can not extract the Nemo image into the newly-created partition..when i run this command
''sudo tar --numeric-owner -xf nemo-handset-armv7hl-n950-*.tar.bz2 -C /media/Alt_OS/'' i have this error ''tar: nemo-handset-armv7hl-n950-*.tar.bz2: cannot open: no such file or directory
tar: error is not recoverable: exiting now... I don't know what to do please help me!! ( i'm using linux ( ubuntu) in dualboot whith windows 7)

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
dispacham,
Are you sure the location to the tar archive is correct? Also enter the full name of the archive using TAB to autocomplete so as to prevent any erroneous entries.

Lastly, this is the support thread of ubiboot so please don't create new threads for problems relating to ubiboot.

i don't know if the location of the tar archives is correct ..what should i do to find the location ?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
I think you dont need this, if you cant simple find file in your phone.

i got it! i extracted the nemo's Image in the third partition but now i have another problem. I want to install ubiboot but when i run this command ''sudo flasher -a <yourmainfirmware.bin> -k zImage_2.6.32.54-ubiboot-02_040613 --flash-only=kernel -f -R'' i get this error ''Bad kernelformat in zImage_2.6.3254-ubiboot-02_040613
''fiasco error: zImage_2.6.32.54-ubiboot-02_040613: no such file oder directory'' what should i do?? please i need help..

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
you really have no idea what "no such file or directory" error mean?

when i run this command ,''sudo flasher -a <yourmainfirmware.bin> -k zImage_2.6.32.54-ubiboot-02_040613 --flash-only=kernel -f -R'' i get this error: ''bad ape-algo format in <my main firmware>.bin'' what should i do?? please help me!!

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
You need to download the correct firmware for your device variant and use the name (and possibly path to the firmware) in the flashing command.