Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
yes im aware people were not happy about it, but it makes things alot neater and its not like i have disappeared from here

Posts: 312 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ dubai
the other forum is completely a joke.....

i mean nitdroid is made for maemo and only maemo not anything else...

djsteve could have contacted the forums admin to delete the posts and only let nitdroid admins post stuff

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
Originally Posted by sepehrsfmech View Post
the other forum is completely a joke.....

i mean nitdroid is made for maemo and only maemo not anything else...

djsteve could have contacted the forums admin to delete the posts and only let nitdroid admins post stuff
hmm so you would want the already overloaded admins/mods of this board to go dedicating probably an hour or more of their time to deleting posts from 2 100+page threads aswell as numorous smaller ones.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
I imagine this must have been discussed by you guys off this board somewhere however, for us folk in the cheap seats, could you please explain what relationship
Just a sidenote, just noticed the nitdroid guys moved and hence wondering. And I'm not involved with any of their decisions.

these other forums you speak of have with maemo.org?
Well, opposite is what the posts have to do with maemo.org (yes, I know, this is a difficult "back to iTT days" discussion which I really don't want to have. But the point is that the developers asked to move to their own place, separating from maemo.org which some of you also chant to do with these forums back into iTT ..

Could you offer some insight into what motivated your sidenote and perhaps point to where these decisions were made and the discussions that led up to them if they in fact were.
Not a mod, not involved with nitdroid, just wondered why these topics keep popping up here when there's a place for them..

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2010-09-05 at 14:16.

I appologize to all for my post. It will also be my last post here. Sorry if it caused any inconvenience. I will edit the original post and remove the information or preferrably, a mod can just delete it.

BTW, attacking someone who is just trying to help is lame, cheap and a sign of frustration so... screw YOU - and YOU know who YOU are.

Fragmenting the users of the Nokia N900 into forums based on installed OS, what a truly magnificent idea not!!

On the other hand, maybe not so bad idea. Then we get the pubic holier than thou - "have you heard about google?" - crowd in one place: here

I mean, this is a truly sad (or funny) place. Any question is followed by a dozen "try google", "don't litter our forum", "stop whining" etc etc. And now this... The most positive and informative post in ages in here.

Last edited by bsving; 2010-09-05 at 16:22.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
they were moved as we had 2 huge thread in this very forum that were just getting filled with mostly useless junk, moved them to the nitdrodi forums purely as its easier to keep this organised their and its more tailored layout for nitdroid itself
Oh I see. I didn't know that. That's what I mean about being an *** sometimes. Silly me.

I was under the impression that:

Originally Posted by http://62.61.85.167/legal/termsofuse.html
...These pages may not be duplicated for any other reason or purpose. Copies of these pages may not be modified.

You may refer to these pages from other pages via Uniform Resource Locators (URLs). These pages may not be permanently stored on any system other than www.maemo.org that is capable of retrieving them via HTTP.
I realize this was Last Published: 03/30/2007 and things change but I could find nothing that supersedes this. So who do I contact?

Do you think I can get them to close down the whole "off topic" section and move the posts to my own forum? If it was under my control, I'm sure a more tailored layout for off topic posts can be developed to make them easier to organize as well.

(That^ last italicized bit was only a very meager attempt to offer some comedy to help illustrate concerns about where this may lead. It was not meant to be disrespectful in any way. )

I always admired the resourcefulness of the "Nitroid" project and that is a good thing. I also regarded it as a bit of a curiosity. I felt that it could only get so far though, without breaking licensing agreements or involving witchcraft or suttin'

As I said earlier, I am often wrong so I would often pop in on those "less organized" Nitroid threads to see how things were going. (I may have also posted an opinion or suggestion or two, I don't recall...)
I also felt that the member participation level in those threads could be an indication to the powers that be at Nokia (and also this board) of what some users/members want, and ultimately expect in their cell phone's OS.

For good or ill, the growth or decline in that participation as it relates to total membership was worth noting. Now however, the Nitroid project does not even offer "curiosity" to a maemo.org only member and I don't think that this is a good thing. YMMV

SLN member # 009

FWIW since the locking of nitdroid threads here I hardly come to this forum in comparison to what I did

Im a relatively new user here and the way things have been going I can no longer be bothered going through the threads anymore

The only thing that I ended up getting from this forum was the nitdroid stuff of late and now thats been stopped and moved to its own forum

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by bsving View Post
Fragmenting the users of the Nokia N900 into forums based on installed OS, what a truly magnificent idea not!!

On the other hand, maybe not so bad idea. Then we get the pubic holier than thou - "have you heard about google?" - crowd in one place: here

I mean, this is a truly sad (or funny) place. Any question is followed by a dozen "try google", "don't litter our forum", "stop whining" etc etc. And now this... The most positive and informative post in ages in here.
I think it's a fine idea, I don't much care for Android on the N900. Also, this forum is not and was never oriented at a specific device. It was however targeted at a line of devices that run the Maemo GNU/Linux software.

I'm also getting quite sick of all this baiting from users thinking Android is going to solve all of their problems, and, using that view as fodder against those of us that enjoy and work with Maemo.

Last edited by tswindell; 2010-09-06 at 18:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Well, Maemo is dead, get over it. But the N900 is not dead, unless it get fragmented to pieces by "purists" or some snobbish "old school" maemo fanatics. Android on the N900 is perhaps not an ideal combination, but it IS cool, and very much in the spirit of the N900 to be able to install it, and use it.

The N9 is soon here, and when it happens, I know I for one, would like to do all sorts of crazy things with my N900, like installing Android, or WinXP or whatever. I sure couldn't care less for Meamo. But I would like a Pr1.3 before that happends.

Tags
btgps, nitdroid