Thread Tools
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2011
Hi, I'm wondering what may be the problem for suddenly not being able to find satellites for my internal GPS on the Nokia N900.

The softwares I've used to debug/check gps status are GPSJinni and location-test-gui, both of which report no satellites in view.

I've tried the gps clear cache script which was suggested when users can't get a fix. However, considering that I can't even find satellites, I'm assuming this is a different problem.
Are there any other things I can reset? Where's the cached almanac stored?

Could it be hardware problems? That I perhaps have a defective antenna for some reason? What's the best way to debug?

I don't have an external bluetooth gps device for testing, but I do have another N900 which finds several satellites where my currently active one doesn't. Could I hook that up as a bluetooth gps perhaps? (instructions would be welcome, otherwise I'll search for them later today)
dchky's Avatar
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
I have read a few other posts that mention the same thing, all of those seemed to conclude that it was a dead GPS module in the phone itself (hardware)

Apologies, my post isn't really that helpful, but this thread should be a bit of a start.

Probably one suggestion would be to search out NMEA and N900, there are quite a few useful scripts floating about the place that you could string together to get the desired functionality.

gps problem, hardware, n900 gps, satellite

Thread Tools

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:54.