Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I can confirm that it gets hot, especially while playing flash videos in browser

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Originally Posted by Virtuality View Post
Man I do not know how to thank you! Your post is so helpfull. I really apreciate your help. Huge thanks to you pal!
No sweat, hopefully you'll (safely) tip-toe Android and make your device the way you want to interact with it. Not Google's or Samsung's or Apple's way.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
EEEk. Just found out today plants vs Zombies won't work on ICS. That's a deal breaker I'm afraid. Must go find a GB rom. lol

Just found this over at xda. Will give this a go and see how it goes then report back.:

"Try the instructions below, fixed my deep sleep problem(thanks to Mister Jozo)

0.go to settings > sound and turn off touch sounds and screen lock sounds

These steps stop the kernel wakelock 100% problem:

1.turn on aeroplane mode
2.turn off device
3.take out battery for 10 seconds
4.turn on device
5.wait for everything to load
6.turn off aeroplane mode
"

Sorry. I got fed up with my son not being able to plan plants vs zombies and decided to try the speedmod kernel. It's supposed to be 'safe' and it 'sounds' fast ( lol). So I incurred the dreaded triangle and did it. Went painlessly and now plants/zombies works. Weird huh?
So I'll see how the battery does on this. THEN I'll give that trick a go. honest
Anyone else could have a go at it too. Just tell us all if it works

I'm actually not 100% convinced my phone was 100% 'normal' after what I went through with the ICS update anyway, so there may have been some kind of kernel/rom conflict going on all along anyway. I dunno. Good luck everyone on getting it how you want it.

EDIT: OK So apparently I am the last person on the earth to know that plants vs zombies doesn't work on ICS and everyone knows all about it already It will work for a few minutes sometimes and then just freeze.

On another note since running speedmod today the battery seems to be going down slightly faster when data turned off (maybe half a percent more per hour) and since turning data on it's not going down by much different to that. A HUGE improvement with the data on, almost as comparible with GB. Of course that's just one day of 'testing'. This might be of no use to anyone else, but on the other hand it might be of some use to one or 2 people out there who might get a battery improvement from speedmod. I will do one more day of extensive research in the field of mobile science before doing the fiddle from my previous post and see if it really does make any difference. I'll probably stick with ICS long term if the battery settles down. I'll find my son another game he can play. On the other hand it might stop him stealing it if I tell him there's no games to play on it anymore hehe

Last edited by kyllerbuzcut; 2012-07-11 at 16:15.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
What are people using on their Note's as a media player?

Getting frustrated trying to find one which has similar functionality to the N900 OMP.

Looking for one with last.fm scrobbling, UPNP, and quick library shuffle/random play, and internet radio

So far tried a few including:
std touchwiz player - Ok, but shuffle is a pain, and doesn't do upnp
BubbleUPNP - Ok, best so far, but the random play is a bit slow setting up the playlist
Doubletwist - Looks Ok, but doesnt do unpnp as it has it's own airtwist.

The N900 player is simple, elegant and works. This is a combination omething which none of the Android players seem to have matched yet.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Hey guys,

When I connected my galaxy note to pc KIES, an update occurred , it says :
Current firmware version: PDA:LPY /PHONE: LPT / CSC:LPY (DBT)
Latest firmware version: PDA: LRG / PHONE LRB/ CSC:LRG (DBT)

Does this mean that the ICS 4.04 is released? And does this mean that the superbrick is solved in ICS 4.04?

Dunno about superbrick, but I did read that 4.04 is out and being rolled out right now. I might give it a go, as the speedmod kernel, although slightly bette,r still gives rubbish battery life on stock 4.0.3 ROM. Left data on all day today and the same scenario occurred where the battery just drained like a drainy thing. Slightly better than with stock kernel/stock ROM but not a lot of difference really. I haven't tried the fiddle with airplain mode yet. Will try it tomorrow and see if it really works, or even makes any sort of difference at all . By the weekend there might be reports of being having bricks from updating to 4.04, OR people saying "wow this is great, the battery lasts for a whole year".

So, anyway, where do I go to collect my Nobel Prize for research in the field of mobile phones?
...................Or do I have to wait until they contact me?

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
4.0.4 at least in my hands consumes much less battery. For first time I'm browsing with battery saving off.
Then, unfortunately, there is the brick bug.... And unfortunately no third party kernel is 100% functioning with 4.0.4 (i.e. SpeedMod up to 3-7 has no Bluetooth)

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Israel
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
What are people using on their Note's as a media player?

Getting frustrated trying to find one which has similar functionality to the N900 OMP.

Looking for one with last.fm scrobbling, UPNP, and quick library shuffle/random play, and internet radio

So far tried a few including:
std touchwiz player - Ok, but shuffle is a pain, and doesn't do upnp
BubbleUPNP - Ok, best so far, but the random play is a bit slow setting up the playlist
Doubletwist - Looks Ok, but doesnt do unpnp as it has it's own airtwist.

The N900 player is simple, elegant and works. This is a combination omething which none of the Android players seem to have matched yet.
I'm using Rockbox - It's free, open and simple interface, yet very functional. The only downside it can't stream (at least for now) and no AAC playback support.
You can try Neutron player which irons the former's cons but it's not free. You may buy it or look for a cr@ck.

Tags
android, galaxy note