Active Topics

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2011 @ sudan
Hello there..
Am willing to buy me Jolla phone.. But I need your advice of whetheri buy it or not.
Am a former user of the beloved n900.. And i loved every minute i spent on this awesome community, so am very trusting you on this..
Should i go for it or not?!
Gimme your reviews i can base on it to decide

Thanks in advance

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
I would go for it.

I have been using it since Dec 2013 and it makes for a great smartphone. There were some basic features missing initially, but since June or so, everything I need is in place (yet updates keep coming). Mind that it is not a replacement for the N900 - it doesn't have an FM transmitter, IR port, stylus or EasyDebian and typing on a touchscreen (in general) is a PIA. On the other hand, there's a qwerty keyboard coming up which should really help the usability.

If I were you, I would buy both Jolla and the TOHKBD (keyboard). It is the only choice if you want an open, hackable Linux device and real multitasking.

PS: I am also a former N900 user and I bought Jolla just to support the company and I never expected it would replace the N900. I was therefore astonished by its completeness and ease of use. I still miss some features of N900 (mentioned above), but those should eventually come as well.

Last edited by nodevel; 2014-11-23 at 13:30.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
It sure won't be replacing the N900... But my N900 got stolen, and am running a little low on budget so it going to be my daily using phone
Hope it going to do the job for me, for me seeing those great things and some good developers i knew from this community are welling to contribute to the development of the phone
Thanks for the advice, and about the keyboard you mentioned,, what is it and how much it gonna cost?!
Can i buy it from the indain store?!
Thanks for the fast reply and the great respond

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
No problem, I hope the advice helps

The keyboard can be bought here, as mentioned in my previous post:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...for-your-jolla

As you can see over there, it started at 100EUR, but that sold out quiet quickly, so the lowest price right now is 130EUR. It ships all over the world and it will be delivered by (most likely before) April. It is a crowdfunded project, so usual warnings apply, but it should be fine, as it is a project of a member of this community, with the support of Jolla itself.

They just released Jolla in India, I think.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What is you main use case and requirements? List that and we could give you more specifics.

I was happy to buy my jPhone to support jolla even though I´m not use it that much today. I like to support jolla going forward and growing, for the future and for the reason that we need more vendors, options and views.

You should also consider you economical position vs how long you are expected to user your phone. Another version is expected sometime during next year.

But if you have the money and want something new and unexpected. Go for it. GL man, see you on the moon!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Nodevel: Whaat.. 130 EUR!!!! That is freaking much for me right now.. Gonna bookmark it for later purchase! Can't afford it at the moment but thanks for the suggestion,,
@salamisami : yeah, am gonna buy it from there, can't buy it and get it shipped for me here in Sudan so am gonna use one of my friends there who is coming to KSA next month.. Can't wait to get it dude,,, already excited XD

The Following User Says Thank You to som3a For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by som3a View Post
Nodevel: Whaat.. 130 EUR!!!! That is freaking much for me right now.. Gonna bookmark it for later purchase! Can't afford it at the moment but thanks for the suggestion,,
Note that you get a 100eur discount coupon to use to purchase a Jolla when you buy the TOHKBD2.
This way the effective proce of the keyboard is only 30 euros

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Note that you get a 100eur discount coupon to use to purchase a Jolla when you buy the TOHKBD2.
This way the effective proce of the keyboard is only 30 euros
That'd be from the Jolla site. Getting it in India means buying through SnapDeal - where the code won't work (and it's cheaper than the code-price already). It would also mean waiting a few months longer.

The Following User Says Thank You to From Vertu with Love For This Useful Post: