I know this is a stupid question but many phones such as the N9 and the N900 were unlocked and could easily be imported and used. Will that be the case with the Jolla device?

The Following User Says Thank You to Gavin For This Useful Post:
Jolla didn't publish supported frequencies specs for the radio modem which will be shipped with their first production batch, so you'll have wait until that information will be available (I guess not until the actual release on November 27th).

So far, all they said was:

GSM/3G/4G LTE* (Works on 6 continents).
* List of supported countries and operators will be published later.

Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Jolla didn't publish supported frequencies specs for the radio modem which will be shipped with their first production batch, so you'll have wait until that information will be available.

So far, all they said was:
Honestly why didnt they just release that information....makes me miss the old nokia company.

Last edited by Gavin; 2013-11-18 at 23:03.

I don't know, I doubt that information will suddenly change now in such a short time. You can ask them this question.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'd be willing to bet yes, but 4G/LTE is questionable based on whomever you pick as your provider in the US.

But it might/should fallback to 3G in most cases. Just an educated guess, so please treat it as such.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Jolla didn't publish supported frequencies specs for the radio modem which will be shipped with their first production batch, so you'll have wait until that information will be available (I guess not until the actual release on November 27th).
I think even Apple is less secretive about the specs of their upcoming products than Jolla is.

There is no practical benefit in publishing these specs, while you can't even buy the device yet. Except may be letting potential users plan their future purchases in a better fashion. On the other hand I'm not sure how publishing them can hurt Jolla.

http://www.gsmarena.com/jolla_jolla-5457.php#

yet its not official i assume

The Following User Says Thank You to ed00 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ed00 View Post
http://www.gsmarena.com/jolla_jolla-5457.php#

yet its not official i assume
I just can't trust GSMArena before it's released. Remember they stated that the N900 was going to have Java on their pre-release pages? Heck, I think it still said it until very recently...

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Hmmmmm....low scores and pathetic interest ...here is another bad news

http://gigaom.com/2013/11/15/remembe...ng-about-that/

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: