Active Topics

Well its not pretty but its stable, funtional, and performs well.

I compiled gtk-gnutella for 2008. The user interface is very cluttered since i have done no 'simplifying' for maemo nor hildonization.

I hope to find a simpler P2P file sharing program, but this is the big kid on the block (i think)... so i suspect its 'networked' good for finding files.

You can grab it here (6meg download, claims 13megs installed) :
http://wardenclyffetower.com/MaemoFi...96.4.rev12.deb

If you installed prior version, delete your /home/user/.gtk-gnutella directory so that new default settings take effect... after which you change new defaults at will in options screen.

I'm pretty sure that the internal filesystem is compressed so thats probably 6 meg footprint.

- First things to do -
When you load the program from the menu, it will take about 15 seconds before it starts -- be patient!

Search for files, resize the bottom area if needed to see results, then highlight file and click download button... then go into Transfers/Downloads menu option to see download status.

Yea, not pretty but very powerful... nice to have available as an option, even if you just throw the deb on mmc 'just in case'

Last edited by pipeline; 2008-03-12 at 22:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:
the software seems powerful, and i like the gnutella network. I only have a question as to why the few files i have selected are not downloading. it shows them in the downloads section but they are not activating. The user interface could be improved greatly by just allowing more scrolling and showing all of the texts.

Last edited by Dr meat201; 2007-12-31 at 23:11.

Not sure why its not downloading... i was able to download mp3s... you probably need to port forward the port it uses.

Update - did new build on 2/2/08 to fix a few things :
- reduce space used from 7.2m to 5.9m (16m to 13m uncompressed)
- defaut download dirs now created on mmc2 (can change in settings)
- fixed preferences dialog to fill screen
- defaulted to hide most tabs to help unclutter
- defaulted certain grid column widths to better show key info

ok having posted those changes, its still a hack (for maemo) but its alot more usable now and is still pretty much the 10 pound hammer for p2p.

Last edited by pipeline; 2008-02-02 at 21:24.

hello,
having recently updated to the latest version of diablo, ive found that this application no longer has any host connections which i can connect to and therefore i don't receive any search results, and no internet data is being transferred to the program, is there anything that i can do to make it work?

gtk-gnutella 0.96.4 is over a year old. It is considered outdated and will no longer bootstrap automatically. Your best option is to update but if that isn't possible, you can still bootstrap it manually. All you have to do is connect a single Gnutella peer that you know.

Here is further information on compiling gtk-gnutella yourself or bootstrapping it manually:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...55/comments/12

The Following User Says Thank You to cbiere For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
If you have debian, gtk-gnutella 0.96.5 is available and seems to work in my hands.

i will try ur suggestions...but would anyone b kind enuff 2 compile the latest version of gnutella for os2008 because im not reli a compiling expert yet lol
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to chinedu40 For This Useful Post:
Can someone please compile the latest version of gtk-gnutella for the N810? Maybe aMule as well?