Notices

here's another pic that i took without Autofocus :

What do you have against autofocus?

Originally Posted by Kucher View Post
What do you have against autofocus?
Nothing, it's just that i saw alot of people getting excellent pics WITHOUT autofocus...

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Originally Posted by deny_winarto View Post
Nothing, it's just that i saw alot of people getting excellent pics WITHOUT autofocus...
Deny I think that all pictures will be terrible apart from infinite focus (ie far away buildings etc) without autofocus. Try switching the image quality to 5mp, turn on Macro or Automatic mode, and turn off the flash. Half press the button till the lines turn green and the chime sounds and then slowly press the shutter button the whole way down without moving the N900.
I would agree with you if you were trying to shoot moving objects on the street but a document on a desk is as controlled circumstances as you can get.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
fix in PR1.2

Originally Posted by deny_winarto View Post
A proper shutter button on most cell phones and every point-and-shoot camera I've used has been two-stage. Meaning you lightly hold the button until the camera focuses, then you press it the rest of the way to take the picture.

If you want a good picture after jamming the button (no autofocus), you need more light (your pics are all too dark, and the picture with the turtle was being washed out by the front-facing light coming from the door).

I do not think this is a case of defective equipment.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Also, the ever-true photographer advice. Don’t press the shutter button, SQUEEZE and wait for a second. I have seen quite a few persons taking consistently bad photos because of this - they press heavily on the top button (or start moving the camera the instant they press the button) so the whole phone/body is slightly moving while making the photo, resulting in a blurry shot.

Yeah, probably didn't hold the focus. I just took a photo of a document and it was excellent image and easy to read.

I used Macro mode to take this image.

Last edited by Dima202; 2010-04-27 at 19:18.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
As far as the chrome trim or the blue on the shutter door....has anyone ever heard of black paint???

This is what you get with no flash and no proper lighting, made instantly to the first sheet of paper lying on my desk.

Just remember to focus first,

Last edited by Bec; 2010-05-01 at 11:21.