Active Topics

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
What about BackupMenu???

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
7) thunderbird, claws-mail, SOMETHING
my only requirement for email be that the whole msg {headers, body, and attachments} of all messages be fetched both on a schedule and by demand, and permanently stored offline.
i dont need my reader integrated with my fetcher.
i dont need my writer integrated with my reader.
fetch/read/write are very separate tasks for me that i only occasionally do at the same time.
Well on mine it works: I just put my phone in flight mode and opened an attachment from three years ago, all from fenix.

I just wish I could copy text from mails and mark them as important, but appart from that I'm pretty happy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
very strange thing i flashing with open mode kernel and i don't get the big scary warning or anything just boot normal, and i flashed well because i get the two success, in both steps.

I flashed twice to get sure and i get the same result in my Austria 64 GB black N9.

i flashed with:

flasher -F firmware.bin -f

and i get:

Found product RM-696 rev. 1601
Server implements softupd protocol version 1.8
Image SW version DFL61_HARMATTAN_20.2011.40-4_PR_001
Image moslo not present
Image mmc not present
Image tar skipped
Image config skipped

Battery level 59 %, continuing.

image [state progress transfer flash speed]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
[x] cert-sw [finished 100 % 1 / 1 kB NA ]
[x] cmt-2nd [finished 100 % 95 / 95 kB NA ]
[x] cmt-algo [finished 100 % 789 / 789 kB NA ]
[x] cmt-mcusw [finished 100 % 6050 / 6050 kB 2817 kB/s]
[x] xloader [finished 100 % 23 / 23 kB NA ]
[x] secondary [finished 100 % 93 / 93 kB NA ]
[x] kernel [finished 100 % 2712 / 2712 kB 1833 kB/s]
[x] rootfs [finished 100 % 1102340 / 1102340 kB 11564 kB/s]
Updating SW release
Success

after that different from other people the phone reboot very fast, maybe in two seconds, so i have instantly execut the second flasher

flasher -F firmware.bin -k openkernel --flash-only=kernel -f -R

and i get:

Image SW version DFL61_HARMATTAN_20.2011.40-4_PR_001
Image cmt-2nd skipped
Image cmt-algo skipped
Image cmt-mcusw skipped
Image xloader skipped
Image secondary skipped
Warning: ignoring subimage 'kernel' from file 'firmware.bin'
Image moslo skipped
Image rootfs skipped
Image mmc skipped
Image tar skipped
Image config skipped

Battery level 59 %, continuing.

image [state progress transfer flash speed]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
[x] cert-sw [finished 100 % 1 / 1 kB NA ]
[x] kernel [finished 100 % 2710 / 2710 kB 2105 kB/s]
Updating SW release
Success

-As you can see the open mode kernel flashed succesfully but i don't get the big scary warning, the phone boot absolutelly normal, how can confirm i am into open mode kernel?? what command i have to use now in terminal to get true root?? develsh?

Originally Posted by -Tyler- View Post
very strange thing i flashing with open mode kernel and i don't get the big scary warning or anything just boot normal, and i flashed well because because i get the two success, in both steps.

for me, the BSW only happens on cold boots, not warm reboots. it sometimes happens on warm boot as well.

it has never happened immediately after flashing for me.

turn the phone off, wait a min, and boot. youll get the BSW.

barring that, run 'devel-su', then 'killall sshd'. this is one command that im certain doesnt work on unpatched openmode, or on a tivoized kernel. if it works, you are very likely on openmode {there are better tests, just none that i happend to know of that rule out unpatched kernel.}

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
Well on mine it works: I just put my phone in flight mode and opened an attachment from three years ago, all from fenix.

I just wish I could copy text from mails and mark them as important, but appart from that I'm pretty happy.
i...guess i should stop whining and use fenix. it just seems weird and buggy.

for IM, though, im gonna need freetext logging so i can merge it into my pidgin logs.

Originally Posted by wolke View Post
for me, the BSW only happens on cold boots, not warm reboots. it sometimes happens on warm boot as well.

it has never happened immediately after flashing for me.

turn the phone off, wait a min, and boot. youll get the BSW.

barring that, run 'devel-su', then 'killall sshd'. this is one command that im certain doesnt work on unpatched openmode, or on a tivoized kernel. if it works, you are very likely on openmode {there are better tests, just none that i happend to know of that rule out unpatched kernel.}
yeah killall sshd works under devel-su and i get the BSW the moment i turn on developer mode, the N9 reboots and get the BSW LOL!!

- One question I install the MeeCatalog and activate the three repositories that comes with it and i surprinsingly see the packet:

easy-deb-chroot

I didn't know easy debian was already running in N9!! fantastic!! i try to install it, get an error and then get a nasty problem of dependencies i can no longer install another aplication and when i try to solve the problem in the terminal under devel-su, with:

apt-get -f install

it says i need to install the package python-minimal so i say YES to install it but says, aeigis-is not goint to install python-minimal...

WTF!! aegis again?? i am into de pathed open kernel and under devel-su how is it possible?

I had to reflash again because i was unable to resolve the nasty dependency problem.

Last edited by -Tyler-; 2012-01-28 at 00:53.

Originally Posted by -Tyler- View Post
yeah killall sshd works under devel-su and i get the BSW the moment i turn on developer mode, the N9 reboots and get the BSW LOL!!

- One question I install the MeeCatalog and activate the three repositories that comes with it and i surprinsingly see the packet:

easy-deb-chroot

I didn't know easy debian was already running in N9!! fantastic!! i try to install it, get an error and then get a nasty problem of dependencies i can no longer install another aplication and when i try to solve the problem in the terminal under devel-su, with:

apt-get -f install

it says i need to install the package python-minimal so i say YES to install it but says, aeigis-is not goint to install python-minimal...

WTF!! aegis again?? i am into de pathed open kernel and under devel-su how is it possible?

I had to reflash again because i was unable to resolve the nasty dependency problem.
all aegis errors in apt-get are just warnings if you are on openmode. they are occasionally useful warnings. i use --allow-unauthenticated to skip an unnecessary extra warning.

there is no easy-deb-chroot that i know of for the n9. you probably added maemo repos somehow, which would account for the missing dependencies that are very probably responsible for all your problems.

i dont know what MeeCatalog is, but there is no need for it. simply add and remove stuff in /etc/apt/sources.list.d, but be careful. {if you DONT have an open kernel, this can screw you over. i hear there are signed packages you could use if you dont have an open kernel}

here are my original repos {yours may be different; keep yours}:
Code:
root@n9:/etc/apt/sources.list.d$ cat aegis.ssu-keyring-005.list 
deb https://qa9recEP:Pat2UGuP@downloads.maemo.nokia.com/harmattan/005 ./
deb https://qa9recEP:Pat2UGuP@downloads.maemo.nokia.com/harmattan/apps ./
deb https://qa9recEP:Pat2UGuP@downloads.maemo.nokia.com/harmattan/tools ./
Code:
root@n9:/etc/apt/sources.list.d$ cat osa.list 
deb-exec /usr/bin/osa
here are my 2 extra repos:
Code:
root@n9:/etc/apt/sources.list.d$ cat harmattan-dev.list 
deb http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ harmattan/sdk free non-free
deb-src http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ harmattan/sdk free
deb http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ harmattan/41667a5bd857be02f487c2ce806fbf85 nokia-binaries
Code:
root@n9:/etc/apt/sources.list.d$ cat home-rzr-harmattan.list 
deb http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/rzr:/harmattan/MeeGo_1.2_Harmattan_Maemo.org_MeeGo_1.2_Harmattan_standard/ ./

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I have some debian chroot scripts for the N950 that work very well for me, but since open mode and a hardware keyboard are required, if I publish the scripts, they certainly won't be "easy" debian... Maybe I'll put them in my qole.org repo or something.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I have some debian chroot scripts for the N950 that work very well for me, but since open mode and a hardware keyboard are required, if I publish the scripts, they certainly won't be "easy" debian... Maybe I'll put them in my qole.org repo or something.
please do! i will test it on an n9 when you do; my aim, when i get the time, is to get pidgin and/or thunderbird up and running with a BT kb, and this would be a nice leg up.

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Please, do it, my main reason to use Harmattan open mode would be to run (Easy) Debian.

Even using the N9 with a Bluetooth keyboard (or BlueMaemo running on Nokia N810/N900 to behave like one).
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Tags
aegis, open kinda