Posts: 176 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Mars
That link seems very cheap for that blue dream I just ordered two from Ali express but still happy as I know I will be getting a decent couple of batteries.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
guys ebay says Nokia's new bl-5j has 1473mah rather than 1430mah..??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-ORIG...17529086475733

not worth for $50, it retails for $10 normally

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by visN900 View Post
guys ebay says Nokia's new bl-5j has 1473mah rather than 1430mah..??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-ORIG...17529086475733
just like when i say the SCUD has 1530mAh when it's 1460mAh, the claim on the ebay site can be legit, but that price is about 4x scud's worth....., and the scud's are still better

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Bristol, UK
Hi Guys,
Just want to share some pics of my 2x SCUD BlueDRAM mod based on dr_frost_dk's mod. Comparing to my 2 year old battery it takes ages to drain it!
All thanks to dr_frost_dk!
Attached Images

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sEKI For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Mars
Hi guys just a big heads up received my x2 scud blue dreams today took about a week came in a really nice box and even gave me a free n900 screen protector. Put the battery in the phone and it hardly drops really can tell the difference but will be charging it over nite first time and see no it holds up thank you for this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to jutley For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
sEKI, added your dual battery as a link in post #2, you have been busy with electronics lately

If i have skipped over anybody's useful info and mods please PM me, i have been very busy lately and have just loosely skimmed the forums lately

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
sEKI, added your dual battery as a link in post #2, you have been busy with electronics lately
Yet again I'm honored to be included in your post.

I must admit I had some spare time recently plus the fact I had to refurbish my guinea_pig_n900 which I bought of my friend who abused it badly... I suppose paying £30 for bad state n900 was still a good deal... Had to do full fascia swap and thought I could do all the mods while having it apart, hence all the recent activity.

Thanks for all your help and ideas!

Last edited by sEKI; 2012-04-14 at 22:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to sEKI For This Useful Post:
How is the remaining battery capacity calculated? I have two apps, advanced power and QtBatteryWidget, and they show weird numbers. Sometimes I get very low "percentage remaining" (e.g. 20 %) while "capacity remaining" (e.g. 600 mAh) indicates that the battery is still half full. The percentage rating seems to be connected to either CPU-load or voltage (which would be connected to CPU-load as well) as it fluctuates a lot under load.
Which number can I trust?

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Miami, FL
Just got on the N900 train recently, and my default battery is wonky at best. I bought two SCUD Dreams from the link in the OP, and just got a note from the seller today saying the capacity for them is 1450mAh, not 1460mAh as listed.

Should I concerned? They're sold out otherwise; is there anywhere else I could order them from? Or did anyone else order from that link and get the same memo as me?

After dealing with a shoddy battery (can hardly get through a single day on low brightness, with wifi mostly eoff, and leaving it idle), I really wanna make sure I'm getting the best battery I can (even tempted to try that dual-battery setup :P ). Any suggestions?

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc