Notices

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Originally Posted by conny View Post
One more thing, even I think you already figured it out: If you reauthenticate Conboy with Ubunu One, the local sync history is deleted and you get a full sync afterwards. Might be helpful while testing.
That's what I did to get it working again. Takes a bit longer, but at least there's always a fall back.

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by Nelson L. Squeeko View Post
UPDATE!!! Got it to work on Diablo.

After seeing this post
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=359792&postcount=3
I thought I'd install Fennec (now Firefox) with the off-chance it would work. Turns out it does. Sync worked perfectly.
I also was able to activate sync to one.ubuntu.com but if I try to synchronize for the first time (using the menu entry) I get error message "Server revision older than your revision". I'm using the N900 and fremantle.

What's wrong?

Me on twitter

Last edited by jukey; 2009-11-27 at 15:39.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Originally Posted by jukey View Post
I also was able to activate sync to one.ubuntu.com but if I try to synchronize for the first time (using the menu entry) I get error message "Server revision older than your revision". I'm using the N900 and fremantle.

What's wrong?
That's the error message I had. I solved it by re-authenticating Conboy with the server, but I just tried re-syncing again and it seems to be back.

Last edited by Nelson L. Squeeko; 2009-11-27 at 23:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nelson L. Squeeko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany

What's wrong?
Did reconnecting to Ubuntu One, like Nelson suggested, help?

Did reconnecting to Ubuntu One, like Nelson suggested, help?
No, the same error occurs. I tried to use the URL incuding the token via Firefox on my Desktop PC but only a black website comes up (like in microb). So I tried again using fennec on the n900 and after I have choosen a name for the accessing computer I get the dialogue you can see in this Screenshot:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ju-key/4146968439

Whatever I do in this dialogue after I press OK conboy is telling me everything is fine and if I try to sync the next time I get the message about the version again.

If you prefer to track this in bugs.maemo.org please let me know.

Ciao jukey

Me on twitter

No, the same error occurs. I tried to use the URL incuding the token via Firefox on my Desktop PC but only a black website comes up (like in microb). So I tried again using fennec on the n900 and after I have choosen a name for the accessing computer I get the dialogue you can see in this Screenshot:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ju-key/4146968439

Whatever I do in this dialogue after I press OK conboy is telling me everything is fine and if I try to sync the next time I get the message about the version again.
If you get the message that everything is fine, the authentication process was probably successful. Usually I don't trust error messages, but here I'm quite certain.

So the problem really seems to be the revision number. Which is normally reseted to 0 after authentication and thus cannot be lower/older than the server revision. Theoretically

Could you please go to the terminal post the output the following commands here:
Code:
gconftool -g /apps/maemo/conboy/last_sync_rev
gconftool -g /apps/maemo/conboy/last_sync_time
Then we can try to manually reset those values using
Code:
gconftool -u /apps/maemo/conboy/last_sync_rev
gconftool -u /apps/maemo/conboy/last_sync_time
After that please try again to sync. If it does not work, try to run Conboy from the terminal and past the debugging output here. The debug output might include the content of your notes, so please consider this before posting

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Could you please go to the terminal post the output the following commands here:
Code:
gconftool -g /apps/maemo/conboy/last_sync_rev
gconftool -g /apps/maemo/conboy/last_sync_time
~ $ gconftool -g /apps/maemo/conboy/last_sync_rev
~ $ gconftool -g /apps/maemo/conboy/last_sync_time

Then we can try to manually reset those values using
Code:
gconftool -u /apps/maemo/conboy/last_sync_rev
gconftool -u /apps/maemo/conboy/last_sync_time
After that please try again to sync. If it does not work, try to run Conboy from the terminal and past the debugging output here.
The debug output might include the content of your notes, so please consider this before posting
After doing that I got the same error message again. I'll send the xterm output as PM.

Ciao jukey

Me on twitter

The Following User Says Thank You to jukey For This Useful Post:
After doing that I got the same error message again. I'll send the xterm output as PM.
Thanks for testing and the PM with the details. So far I couldnŽt see something obvious wrong, but IŽll look into it deeper in the evening.
Did you try to sync Tomboy with Ubuntu One? Maybe this problem only occurs during the initial sync.
My account was first synced with Tomboy and then later with Conboy. Probably I should create a new account and give it a try...

I just did some more testing myself and got a lot of non working scenarios too. I hope I'll find some time on the weekend to work on that.

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
Just tried Conboy and i have some quirks. Not sure if it's bugreport worthy.

- The Settings screen is only availible from a note and not from the list.
- When you have a list window and note window open, the app closes when you close the note. My expected outcome would be that it would jump to the list instead.
- If you press list on the notes screen. It opens a new window instead of replacing the note. If you try to find one note and open a note, press list, open note, press list, open note, press list, open note you'll end up with a lot of open notes. Also: It's not consistent with opening a note from the list. The list window is replaced with the note.

I come from Palm and there you do everything from the list. You cannot have multiple notes open. So maybe it's just something i have get used to.

If you want to keep current behaviour, maybe you can open the note in a new window but keep the list in background. That way, when you close the note, you're back at the list.

If you want, i can describe my wished behaviour in a use-case style.

And is it hard to make the list sortable on title/date?

The Following User Says Thank You to robbie For This Useful Post:

Tags
conboy, grauphel