Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
You can't easily just find a button or run a command in the shell to make yourself drop to a lower version, but you can just reflash to the earlier firmware image. They are all available on the same page you get the latest ones. The only problem is the app managers will keep trying to bug you to reupdate - but you can either blacklist the packages involved or pin them, or something.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
Full reinstall...only way to go. Don't trust an upgrade. Especially if it's Windows.

The Following User Says Thank You to pagesix1536 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
Upgraded to PR 1.3 and loving it..

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by pagesix1536 View Post
Full reinstall...only way to go. Don't trust an upgrade. Especially if it's Windows.
I will try to re-install before anything else. OTA was not possible when I upgraded maybe it's possible now. I did install the upgrade through Windows as I tried installing PC Suite in my Mac but was unable to because of incompatible issue. Is it possible to install PC Suite in Mac now? I'll try and find out.

Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
Manually flash the phone using the fiasco .bin file..(191mb) at the http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

btw, for the pixelpipe app, u can go to www.store.ovi.com and log in using your username password..then search under my stuff..you'll see pixel pipe..just "redownload" it back again...thats all..

The Following User Says Thank You to one1002 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by scribbles View Post
The current locations that make the N8 are China, Hong Kong and French Guiana.
so they lied about Salo, Finland?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by RenaldoTT View Post
Wait you can downgrade??? I thought this was not possible with this OS :S
if the newer update hasn't touched cellular modem, then of course.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Earth, Milky-way Galaxy
Has any one noticed on PR 1.3 it seems like RED PILL has been activated. you just click on .deb file from your file manager or send it via bluetooth its open in App manager and starts installation.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Scandinavia
The thread starter is an MAC-user, bear with him.

Im just wondering why these kind of people bought N900 at first place?

Its NOT A PHONE! It definitely is a Linux-mini-computer with build in phone-cababilities, nothing more, nothing less.

If youre not familiar with Unix-based systems and their ways to act and work, you better buy an kiddiephone; Samsungs, Iphones etc.

Neverthless, the new 1.3 update made N900 better. Not that much but alot more than expected. Now people are filling the internets with "HOW TO INSTALL MEEGO??!?!?" before they even read about it. Oh how the whining will enlarge with "HELP! cant make calls with mEEGO?!?!"

ROFL! x2

Dont get too exhausted thought with your Mac's and Ez-2-Use-Phones, i wouldn't care less. Just makes my head explode with these kind of messages in talk.maemo.org.

namaste!

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by videohese View Post
The thread starter is an MAC-user, bear with him.

Im just wondering why these kind of people bought N900 at first place?

Its NOT A PHONE! It definitely is a Linux-mini-computer with build in phone-cababilities, nothing more, nothing less.

If youre not familiar with Unix-based systems and their ways to act and work, you better buy an kiddiephone; Samsungs, Iphones etc.

Neverthless, the new 1.3 update made N900 better. Not that much but alot more than expected. Now people are filling the internets with "HOW TO INSTALL MEEGO??!?!?" before they even read about it. Oh how the whining will enlarge with "HELP! cant make calls with mEEGO?!?!"

ROFL! x2

Dont get too exhausted thought with your Mac's and Ez-2-Use-Phones, i wouldn't care less. Just makes my head explode with these kind of messages in talk.maemo.org.

namaste!

You couldn't care less and yet you took a lot of time to respond to my thread. Get your head out of your *** and move on.