i updated my kernel to the latest 1 n i see that u boot thng coming when eve i reboot ma phone n i really get scared seeing that u boot thing coz 1ce i got stuckd n it took me 2 days to get ma fon bak. 2 normal. SO is there any method we can remove the uboot thing???
pls help.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Here's a tip. If you can't deal with problems caused by things installed from extras-devel, then you shouldn't be using that repository. Use the "Deinstall Kernel-Power" menu entry to remove kernel-power, go into the application manager and disable extras-devel, then you can install the version of kernel-power from extras-testing which doesn't have uboot.

Extras-Devel is for things which are in development, they might not be stable and they might mess up your N900, it is a repository for developers and people who want to help test the software, that doesn't mean you can't use it, but you need to be aware of the unstable nature of the software there and be able to deal with any issues the use of such software may cause.

And please, out of courtesy for those reading, spend a bit of time to type properly (people may even be more likely to help you if you do).

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California
Originally Posted by chan_98 View Post
i updated my kernel to the latest 1 n i see that u boot thng coming when eve i reboot ma phone n i really get scared seeing that u boot thing coz 1ce i got stuckd n it took me 2 days to get ma fon bak. 2 normal. SO is there any method we can remove the uboot thing???
pls help.
My God, that was painful to read... As said in the previous post, be polite and use the complete words. Especially if you're asking for help. This is a forum, there are no 160 character limits.
Flash Memory: ADATA 32GB SDHC CL10-RA1
Overclocked to 1GHz [Titan's Kernel]
-----------------------------------
Other Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1653766084.png

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scribbles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
I don't have time to help those who don't have time to type readable sentences. Sorry.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
What's the status of power kernel at the moment?

I've put off installing it as I've read a lot of conflicting reports on it,

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
My head hurts now.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
If you want to overclock v42 is perfectly stable and includes the PR1.3 patches.

v45 includes uboot and USB host-mode if you need either feature. If not, better to stay with the stock kernel or v42. Any versions > v42 are still experimental. Only for experienced users.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post

I've put off installing it as I've read a lot of conflicting reports on it,
Crashdamage sums it up nicely. I am not using host mode and tolerate uboot well but don't use it. v45 works fine for me for overclocking. I have the additional functionality if I need or want to play with it.

I am really sorry to write like that, n will make sure it wont happen again.
Anyways thanks everyone.
I will downgrade it to v42. hope that will be fine.

And now when i tried to deinstall my kernel, it came up with an error.
pls help me out how to deinstall n put any stable kernel.
THanks.